Moving to Da Nang

Hello,

My partner and I are relocating to Da Nang and expect to arrive late next week (mid November 2015). We are both University educated, I have an Undergraduate in Commerce and he has a Masters Degree in Economics. We both have professional experience in real estate and banking. We spent a month last year in Vietnam and decided to sell everything we have to make the move to Da Nang. Can anyone give us first hand advice regarding finding employment, housing and any other pertinent information?
Thank you!!!
Emily&Chris

Hello Emily&Chris,

Welcome on board  :)

To begin with, here are some topics and articles that you may read so as to gather a maximum infos :

Employment

- Vietnam: Employment Manual 2015 Part 1

- VN Employment Manual 2015 Part 2

You will also get some useful advice in the following article : Working in Da Nang

Housing

Accommodation in Da Nang

You should also drop an advert in the Housing in Da Nang section so that you may get some offers and compare them.

All the very best,
Bhavna

Hi Emily and Chris,

I work for a resort and can send you the vacancies if you want to just have a look. I don't think any of the roles are expat paid though and none of them relate to economics/real estate.. Let me know if you are interested to have a look and please give your email so I can message privately.

In terms of places to live, I know  many expats live near the holiday beach hotel area.. Maybe have a look at Vietnamworks.com?

I am looking to meet new people so let me know if you both would like to meet to chill.

Cheers,
An

Hi An,

Thanks for the reply. Sure, please send the vacancies over! My email is *********. We arrive late tomorrow night, we're just in Ho Chi Minh right now. Let's organize a time to meet over the next week! We're looking to meet locals and expats in Da Nang!

Thanks again.

Chris&Emily

Moderated by Priscilla 8 years ago
Reason : Do not post your personal contact details on a public forum for your own security

Hi Todd and Emily,

Welcome to Danang! I'm a fellow aussie been living here for the last 6 months and would be keen to catch up next week. Emily and Chris left me for Kiwi land :(
Send me a note **

Look forward to speaking soon

Best,
An

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Share contact infos only in private please.