Delay in offer letter( Oman )

Hi there
I have been selected in one of the reputed company of oman on 4th October at Ambe international,Mumbai. They told me that I will get offer letter within 3 -4 days but it's almost a month I didnt receive offer letter. When enquired with Ambe international, they asked me to wait and told me that there is some problem in visa clearance. Everyday I'm getting more and more frustrated, can anyone tell me something about this issue? Why there is so much delay ?

Hi Rashid, this is how things work here unfortunately. Clearance is dependent on several things and if the Company has not satisfied even a small condition the clearance will be blocked. Also, fresh clearance for expat employees is becoming difficult day by day. Do not resign from your job till u get the visa. Noone can predict when the visa will come. Your situation is no different from hundreds of similar people eagerly awaiting their visas.

Thanks a lot for your support, unfortunately I resigned from my previous company. I never knew that it will be so difficult and time taking process. Anyways still hoping for the best.

Hi jrashid,

You can glean a lot of information on why these delays occur, if only you would care to read the numerous informative posts and various discussions that are already available in the forum.

Hey Mr. Sumitran,
Thanks a lot, I was expecting your reply here since I have read all your comments related to my topic in this forum. I came to know that many people waited for their visa for almost 2 months. Could you please tell me how many months one should wait for this Labour clearance?

jrashid wrote:

Hey Mr. Sumitran,
Thanks a lot, I was expecting your reply here since I have read all your comments related to my topic in this forum. I came to know that many people waited for their visa for almost 2 months. Could you please tell me how many months one should wait for this Labour clearance?

Rashid,
Getting visa clearance is the most difficult task these days for the employers. This is due to the poor market condition and the pressure of increasing Omanization from the government. Plenty of people have been victimized because of this.

You shouldn't had resigned from your earlier employer, however, I would suggest you not to wait aggressively and apply for another job (Probably a temporary one) till the Oman employer confirms you the acceptance.

Best O'Luck!

Schaz,
Thanks a lot for your reply, I'm trying to get a temporary job meanwhile I Will wait for visa clearance.

jrashid wrote:

Hey Mr. Sumitran,

Hi jrashid,

For a company to get a labour clearance, they have to first comply with the many mandated requirements. Even if they fall short in one, the clearance would not be provided, until and unless they satisfactorily meet with the ministries' expectations.

Now this could take anywhere between a few weeks to a few years, depending on how soon the company can fix all their deliverables. And how long that would take is something no one can say with any amount of certainty.

I have myself written in great detail elsewhere in the forum about what exactly is the process and what could be the possible time frame for getting a labour clearance. That is why I have asked you to read through the forum.

Dear It's happened to many time in gulf.they will issue the Offer but they will not send the visa so dear it's advice don't wait for them for visa they can apply 3 visa in one go daily and it's take hardly 3 days
My advice search another option don't wait for them

This is Mohanraj from chennai, I attended my interview on july in trivandram. Employer has conformed to take me to Oman for the post of engineer, But still now they saying visa process is going on. They said Once Visa has conformed to you we call and take you.. Please tell us anybody, How much time to get visa from Oman after submission of my documents to the Visa center..

Hi ,

They take nearly 2 month to three month,So be cool and don't get fraustate

Dear Mohan

lets go step by step .

Do you know if the approval from labour ministry is done ? In case it is complete, Visa should be reasonably straightforward. It is the labour clearance which generally takes indefinite time ( from 3 days to more than 6 months in some cases - based on how your employers can impress upon the ministry on the expat requirement).

Best Wishes

Thank you.. I am so eagerly waiting for receiving of my Visa for last 4 months...

I dint know what is the current situation is going on. Last week I called my employer and asked the status of visa, He replies! Your visa is in process may be next week it will be in your hand and also he said please be prepare to move.

Dear Sumitran & Others,
In relation to the same topic,
Please advise on a similar situation, mentioned below.
Interviewed at same consultant office as of j rashid on 14th Feb 2016 for oman
Salary negotiations done and agreed with client.
Client tells consultant to take my passport and client tells me that in 3 days consultant will get in touch with me with offer letter.
Today is 3rd March and consultant is yet to receive offer letter from client.
What is the feasible time to wait.
Appreciating you all for the good work
Best regards,
Prk
India

Hi rp_198,

In your case, the reason for the delay could be more than just one.

(1) The employer might have reconsidered their decision about filling that position, for which you were interviewed,

(2) The employer might be finding it difficult to get the required labour clearance for the said position,

(3)  The employer might have reconsidered their decision about hiring you, as may be they have found another candidate for a lesser cost,

(4) How trustworthy is your consultant ? If a candidate tries to go through a consultant (as opposed to going to the employer directly), there is a lot of scope for the consultant to fleece the candidate, by making many false promises and giving wrong information.

Suggest you do not resign from your present job in any hurry. Wait until all that paperwork is completed and you are in receipt of your employment visa, in your hand, before you resign from your present job.

Dear Sumitran,
Thank you very much for your valuable advise.
Best regards,
Prk
India