Fiance visa / K-1 visa

How do I show I have a valid relationship with a Dominican woman in order to obtain a US Fiance or K-1 visa for her?  How long does the process take?

Thank you.

Oft asked question ... never answered to any ones satisfaction. So many variables, circumstances, how met, time spent, family obligations spoken or implied, finances, yours & hers.  Same language, same goals, how are you living together, children, property, yours & hers.  Mutual friends, family ties,  both of you.  It is a long tedious process, often turned down the first time or two you apply.  Unless very lucky & show the required information AND they accept it, plan on it taking 2 or more years.  Read the thread about this, lots of info. Good luck in your endevours. (SP I know).

Gypsy good info even if you  can't spell..... hahahahaha

At least I acknowledge my rather obvious failings.  Eye not good enough to read small print dictionarys.. ( SP again).

Doesn't matter to us honey,  we understand what you are saying and that is what matters.

Thank the myriad gods for literate folks.

Gypsy401, I've read the info on the Internet & it seems like a quick, easy process for the fiance visa. It seems like all I need to do is prove I've seen her @ least once in a 2-yr period, prove I can support her in the US, prove we communicate via Skype/Whatsapp & then we get a visa.

I've known her 4 months. I'll see her for a 2nd time in 2 weeks, we talk every day via phone.  But, I'm afraid because of the age difference (I'm 71 & she's 47) & the fact she speaks little English & I speak no Spanish, we'll be rejected.

I'd like to get her into US within the next 6 months. Is that possible?

what it says and what is reality are two different things.  4 months does not a relationship make,  1 visit........ you are going to have a tough time.

I'll be in the DR again for 5 days next week. So, it'll be twice by the time we apply for a visa. Since I don't live in the DR, how much time am I expected to spend with her before it's considered a valid relationship? We text every day,  sometimes all day long. I feel like I know everything about her.

And in reality you likely  know very little.   Spending time - face to face time is what it is all about.  They may be looking at  years rather then months of time -  but I am not an expert on this stuff.

I hate to be rudely honest but with the "relationship" you currently have and unless she has lots of property, a nice bank account and a good job your chances of her getting a visa at any time (4 months or 6 years) will be:

1.  A snow ball's chance in hell
2.  Absolutely ZER0!!!!!!

And even if you had it all right 4 months would be a pipe dream.

Bob K

So, how much time would I have to spend with her in the DR for me to prove I have a real relationship -- 6 months, a year? What if I'm wealthy & she has nothing, would that still cause a denial?

Only her money counts.  It would be quicker going to Mexico & swimming the Rio Grande.  You are better off staying with her in her house in the DR.  Then too, you will get to know the truth of being together.  May you find peace & love with your betrothed.  It would be a rare & wonderful thing considering the relationship you now have now.  Heartfelt good wishes for you in your efforts for joy in the "golden years" of your life.

If you lived together for a period of time, maybe a year or two, and had loads of pictures of your  "life" together and (this is a huge AND) she shows reasons as to why she would return. She has money (long term accounts in a bank), owns here home and business.  Has family and kids here then maybe after a period of time she maybe has a chance.

I have a friend who is now going on year 3 trying to get her visa and they got married over a year ago.

Bob K

We have been trying to get my wife a visa to come to the usa, We are way over a year now. Everything paid for forms all submitted. Waiting for interview. getting past the state dept was easy. its the NVC that is slow. we applied in 2014 january

if you pay a lot of money she can be there less than a year. my friend Tom did it for 8,000.usd. my wife refuses to pay that.

very difficult for a wife or fiance,but very fast & easy for a baseball player. Guess which one is more important to the US?   Effing priorities somehow don't seem correct to me. Yet Hilary is willing to bring 500,000 muslims to the US & give full benefits. Something stinks.  The out house is overflowing.

A baseball player who will earn  1, 2 or 3 million dollars a year is not a risk of overstaying! And they are minor celebrities.  That is why they get in.

The number of fraudulent  fiancee etc visas is ridiculous, so they need controls - at least I assume they need em.