Work Permit

Hi , This is Chetan from Mumbai India and I have planned to move Bulgaria with D type visa and get Temporary Resident Card and I thought of work for sometime to know the system , To know the country before get into Business . Now my only concern is that will I be able to work legally after getting Resident card or I still gonna need work permit for the same . And if yes then is it possible to get work permit after having T.R.Card .. Waiting for your help . Thank you
Regards
Chetan

Hi!

Working without a work permit depends on what the reason for your d-visa is. For example, if you have a d-visa through marriage, you will not need a work permit. For most other reasons, you need a separate work permit. It can be difficult to find work with a residence permit in Bulgaria, because for the first five years the permit is issued once a year, and most companies are hesitant to hire people when their residence permit will expire in the next year... it is a cycle. It is much easier to get the work permit before you come here and then get your residence card and visa based on your work permit instead of getting the work permit second.