Look for my mother in the viet nam. which few to help me

Hello,
I am in search of my mother in Viet Nam, I know only its name, its age and its address 40 years ago. I was born in 1970 to Saigon, French father and Vietnamese mother.
My father left Vietnam with me in 1974 because of the war. My mother did not come. Why?? No answer.
I would like to find her(it) or to know more about it on her. Who knows Vietnam? Who can say to me or allerme informed? Or to find a French translator Vietnamese?
Yes I have many questions. Without answers I lost my father is the age old of 14 years, and then I was placed in homes(foyers), and host family, my mother being in Vietnam.
Here we are, now, I am 40 years old and I need to have answers...
Or to find her(it) who would know or I can inquire in the viet Nam because I decided to go in December
thanks to all there
Thank you for your answers. I speak not about many english
saddened for my faults.

Hope you can find your mom. I know how it feels to not have a mom.

By only having her name is like needle in a haystack. There are many people with the same name. It will take time......

My fiance lives in Nha Trang.  If you send me your information she can try to call Ho Chi Minh City to find out some information.
I would need:
1) father's name
20 mother's name (if known)
3) your Vietnamese name (if known)
4) your date of birth
5) any information about what district you lived in in Saigon
6) any other information you think that will help to find your birth certificate

hope you still remember which area you were born in ?
Then you can ask that local authority for the help.
or you can find her by posting your announcement via Tivi, newspapers...
besides if you know which area ( in saigon ) where your father was in , you should come over there and ask the elder in area ( specially people had joined the Vietnam war) .i believe that they can help you to find the clue where your mother and your relatives are.
but you know many areas's name were changed after 1975.
but its easy to find the new and old name of any area by searching google,
I'd also like to say that Vietnam people is more friendly & hospital with every passing day.
some following websites for looking for relatives, and old friends in VN:
timnguoithan.org/
suoinguontamtu.com/bonphuong/timnguoithan/timnguoithan.htm
good luck & best wishes

letter of birth would help a lot.
well,im in saigon.if you know where you were born,that is needed ,too.
TV might be a good choice or you can contact with vietnam human&social  office to get more information.
if you need a french-vietnamese translator.i know some friends who can speak french ,too.
Let me know!

Emily

I know this topic was long time ago, and Patrick may no longer visit this page,
but I'm just curious how is it going.

By the way, you may try to contact the Vietnamese TV program "Như chưa hề có cuộc chia ly"

(in Vietnamese means "As the separation never happened")
representative by website: www.haylentieng.vn

which dedicate to help people to find each other (their lost ones)

Up to now, they have found 727 cases successfully.

if you know the addresss best bet is to ask the elderly's around there. I find people find each other through heirarchy too. For example they'd ask for the house of the father #x of the daughter you were looking for. Or daughter #x of mom and dad #x name.

Vietnamese names are sort of useless here lol just for identification purposes. We get referered to as numbers. I get called bay (7) everytime because my wife is #7 in her family.

I saw a clip of a documentary on Al Jazeera last night about children of operation babylift. Had to find and watch it in full online but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdPG5JqtHF0

It's in english unfortunately but reminded me of your story that I stumbled across after I signed up and I know it's an old post but thought i'd share it.

Hope you found the answers you're looking for.

Oh wow, thank you for posting that movie. It was very eye opening and made me angry at my own country..
I wish you the best in finding your Mom.