Safe for women?

Hi,

I've been doing some research about KL and sounds rather safe for women who travel alone. Not something I can say about India based on experience. So what's it like for a young woman to relocate and travel around Malaysia? Anything to be weary of?

Many thanks!

Hi, Not only KL, but Malaysia generally safe for women,However you should be alert from surroundings, particularly to avoid snatching, otherwise KL is comparatively safe,   No way you can compare Malaysia / KL to India, one of the worst place for women because of so many register rape cases in India,

Happy Stay in Malaysia

S.Haider

Bag snatchers in some places and some nasty people in Ipoh and Georgetown (Ladyboy and prostitute areas at night), but generally safe if you follow common sense rules.

Hi,
The city is generally safe, it depends on where you go and at what hours...I wouldn't go to certain places on my own like busy markets or busy streets late at night.
I've been here for 10 years and experienced snatch thief only once. You just have to be aware of your surroundings in certain places, don't carry too much money with you, carry your bag on the opposite side of traffic..
Taking public transport is generally safe, I've used the lrt/rapid train even up to 11pm with no problem. Booking a taxi is easier and safer these days via smart apps, you have the driver name/number plate and picture even before getting in the car..
I'm extra careful since I'm a single mom but so far so good!

Thank you everyone for answering and advising. India was a bit scary however most people are nice and helpful. But for sure Malaysia is quite different. Mikaila, you seem to be handling things quite well :)
thanks again everyone!

Hey!

Like Mikaila mentioned, just be aware of your surroundings and avoid dodgy streets, most well know busy/tourist areas are alright. Sometimes I need to walk a distance to my car at night as well but I always try to stay on well lighted street. Havent met any problems, but if you do in any case come a across trouble, always get help or scream for attention. Most people will be willing to help. As for transportation at night, you can consider using uber or download the myteksi app. these are reliable as the drivers details are recorded.
Also, maybe consider dressing decently, no short shorts/skirts or sleeveless tops.

if you need any more information, just feel free to drop me a message!

Sure its safe, no problem at all. Well.......you do carry some kind of weapon or at least know some martial arts, right?