Bringing my kids to the Netherlands

Hello all,

I need advice. I recently got my 5 year residency permit and now applied for my 2 kids to join me and my Dutch husband in the Netherlands. I've received a letter from IND stating that the process will take 6 months. My worry is that I need to be with my kids from this December as they have school holidays and plan was that I bring them here immediately after school closes.

My question is, can they still travel into the country with the investigation/application process pending or will that cause a discrepancy? I can't see myself being stuck in South Africa again without my husband.

Any advice?

Welcome on board  :cheers:

Why didn't you start with your appliance in the first place?

What do you mean?

Unfortunately, once you have applied for residency this is recorded on the system. The only way is to apply for a short-term visa for them, but there is no guarantee you will get one. The only problem I can foresee is that the authorities will not grant a short-term visa pending the issue of the residency permit for them because they will not want to take the risk of you not sending them back to South Africa at the end of he period you ask for, It is a waiting game as all of have to. It can take three months but do not bank on that. Did you not know it would take 6 months before they could come here, or were you hoping that IND might make an exception for you. I can tell you that it does not work that way. I am sorry if this is not what you want to hear, Good Luck.