I have been FLASHED!!! Now what?

Guys! My first speeding ticket in Saudi Arabia. I got flashed on 8th November and was waiting for the SMS and got it on 11th. Now it asks me to go to moi.gov.sa and since that day, when i enter the details it says "This service is unavailable, please try again later." what should be done? I just wanna see how much i m gonna lose...

have been speeding all my life, but this is the first time i m getting a punishment

shahab.ali wrote:

Guys! My first speeding ticket in Saudi Arabia. I got flashed on 8th November and was waiting for the SMS and got it on 11th. Now it asks me to go to moi.gov.sa and since that day, when i enter the details it says "This service is unavailable, please try again later." what should be done? I just wanna see how much i m gonna lose...

have been speeding all my life, but this is the first time i m getting a punishment

First of all Congratulations!

Its always easier to check with an ATM machine rather than the website, as it rarely works.

Thanks a lot! ;)

which ATM? My ATM never showed anything of that sort... i think its only with RIYADH BANK ATM... is it?

I think most of the ATM's which have the option for depositing money can be used. the trick is to not insert your card and just browse it.

Riyad bank for sure has the option as i have used it. other than that the ones i know are

NCB
Saudi Fransi
Rajhi

Just wanted to congratulate you lol, & hopefully this will compel u not to speed up anymore! And I think it's gonna be around 300SR.

thanks alisan... lol, u seem experienced ;)

hhhh..

Something like that..

Wahhhhhhhhhhh...kewl...i am happy for your achievement :lol:

That's a use of the word "flashed" I haven't run across yet.

I thought somebody flipped open their clothes and gave you a free show, shahab.

Find out how to pay quickly - from Sahar website

"All citizens and residents must update their information (mobile phone, mail and address) at any sector of the Ministry of Interior (Traffic Department – Civil Affairs – Passport Department) to avoid the non-arrival of their traffic violation tickets within one month,

(this is the good bit)

as value of traffic violation tickets will be doubled to the highest rate if not settled within one month from the date of issuance (this is in accordance to the new traffic law)"

shahab.ali wrote:

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

It had to happen. Now the question that most people ask each other is "haven you been flashed yet?"

Most banks whp provide ATM/e-Banking facilities online will allow you to see the detailed description of the traffic offence. Most times the Saudi Government e-portal goofs up in the ENGLISH language option while it works well in the ARABIC option. I had to use the latter to see one of my drivers speeding fine offences a few weeks back.

Is the payment process thats exhausting as the SADAD service to the e-Government portal seems to always be down ather than up. I spent 4 long days in finally achieving the payment through the SAMBA website. phew! that was exhausting. Sent SAMBA a stinker email too.

Oh, BTW, if you dont pay within 30 days, the fine will reach its max limit of SR 500. Pay now, save the SR 200 and invite us over for a meal. Cheers!

Finally made the payment... as Alisan said, it was 300 riyals. I did it online through my online banking account.
There you gotta select>SADAD and just follow...

shahab.ali wrote:

Finally made the payment... as Alisan said, it was 300 riyals. I did it online through my online banking account.
There you gotta select>SADAD and just follow...

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you saved the reference number? Else dont be surprised if you get another sms fining you for another 500.... the wind blows in strange 3ways in the desert

musicman wrote:

I hope you saved the reference number? Else dont be surprised if you get another sms fining you for another 500.... the wind blows in strange 3ways in the desert

O SHOOTS!!! actually wat happened was as soon as the transaction was completed, the same words "ACTION TIMED OUT" appeared. So i went to my bank statements and there it showed it had been deducted... and still the moi website doesnt show the info... wtf

oh well things are getting better now .. hehehe :lol: