Settle there and create a small business

Salam. Thank you in advance for accepting me of you. I'm algerian. I am an entrepreneur. I am 45 and I want to settle in Oman. I want to know the steps to settle there and create a small business. Thank you for advising me.

Hi dear,

You are welcome to the site

Try to forward this to this member ' Sumitran'' he is really helpful

izak23 wrote:

Salam. Thank you in advance for accepting me of you. I'm algerian. I am an entrepreneur. I am 45 and I want to settle in Oman. I want to know the steps to settle there and create a small business. Thank you for advising me.

Hi izak23,

I felt compelled to respond to your query, after seeing Wouroud.Algeria's recommendations !!

Well, to start an SME, first and foremost, you would need a local (Omani) partner. No expatriate can start a business entirely by themselves and all such enterprises must necessarily have a local partner, holding the majority stake in the company.

Secondly, you must freeze on what business you intend to do. Do a market study / research and see if the prospects for the business is good here. What is going to be your business model ? Know what is good in Algeria, may not necessarily be good in Oman. So a detailed and thorough project feasibility study would be imperative.

Use your contacts and business connections, if you have any in Oman, or try to establish new contacts. Get into a meaningful dialogue with the shortlisted probable Omanis and then finalise with the one who you feel is the best option for you to partner with.

Dear Sumitran,

I appreciate your answer and responding to my recommendation

Thanks lot