Locate an insurance company from Ecuador

My wife and I are returning to spend January thru to the 13th of April. We have medical.insurance in our home country Quebec Canada. We are trying to locate an insurance company from Ecuador through we could purchase medical insurance to cover our three months stay. There are lots of very large international companies, the problem they are asking unreasonable costs.
Suggestions or names and ways to.contact some Ecuador based companies, would b very much appreciated

Hi the,enforcer,

I have created a new thread with your post on the Ecuador forum for more visibility and interaction with the members.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

the,enforcer wrote:

There are lots of very large international companies, the problem they are asking unreasonable costs.  Suggestions or names and ways to contact some Ecuador-based companies would be very much appreciated.

Unless you have some reason to think it would be cheap and viable to deal with a company based in Ecuador, you might as well 'pay the freight' and get the best-available policy in Canada.

If you buy a policy from a company in Ecuador, they will probably correspond in Spanish .. the policy will certainly be in Spanish .. and collecting on any claim would be problematic.

At least in Canada, a claim denial could be appealed to a provincial government agency.

cccmedia in Quito