Hello

Hi everyone!

I've just arrived in warsaw one day ago as expat. I come from France. I'm looking for new friends in warsaw.

So if you are interested, let me know.

Sebastien

Hi Sebastien, and welcome to Expat.com !

What are you doing in Warsaw ?

Any hobbies ?

hello Julien

Thanks for your reply.

I'm working for a french company. I should stay in warsaw for two years.

See you
Sebastien

Hello Seb,

I moved to Warsaw in July (my wife is Polish and we moved from England - India - Poland!).  I attend Polish classes at the Warsaw University when I get time to escape from work!

If you have time, my classmates from the Polish classes are meeting on Friday evening (time not decided), so you can drop in, if you wish!

Regards,
Deepak

Hi all:
What sort of work are you doing? What do you think of Warsaw?
I've created a list of resources for expats in Warsaw on our real estate agency's blog:
(Moderated: No Free advertising, Please, specially with your first post, Thanks)
Good luck,
Lindsay

Hi All!

Sebastien - again - welcome in Poland, I hope you will like it here, will be happy to advise on possible tours around Warsaw (actually thinking of possible places to visit got inspired to start another thread, thank you for that! ;))))

Deepak - how do you find Warsaw? The "route" of your trips looks impressive, any big discoveries in Poland so far? And is Polish really that difficult? (joking;)

Regards
Iza

Big discoveries?  I guess I'd say Płock.  I've visited Wrocław, Toruń, Piwniczna and Kraków so far and explored Warszawa -- I like Warszawa a lot, it's a small city, but quite nice and very green.  The biggest discovery I think is that there's a cukiernia on Chmielna that has the best pączki in the world -- better than at Blikle!

Polish is not that hard, once you figure out that drzwi is not a made-up word!  Seriously, for a native English speaker, the idea of 4 consonants in a row is insane!  Until you realise that rz is pronounced as  "sh"!

Płock? When planning to go there I will definitely consult it with you what the absolute must see's R:) Wrocław is one of absolute favourites of mine, hope U liked it.

I think I know which cukiernia on Chmielna St you have on mind,their pączki are veeeeeeeeery good.true. Still as much as I don't want to be a spoilsport I need to tell you the best pączki in Poland are the home made ones (personally I suspect my granny has a black belt in Pączki preparation/baking, i can't prove it though. Yet)

I'm glad you like DRZWI so much. Here goes another example -> WSCHÓD (means east or (sun)rise). It is one of the words where you can make a spelling mistake at each letter ... ;)

Cheers
I.