Any jobs at Leicester for foreigner ?

Looking for a job at Leicester . Help ?

kiki15 wrote:

Looking for a job at Leicester . Help ?

Your profile is interesting.......i suggest that you look into the immigration process before you look for employment.

Hi Kiki,

As Chuckle Butty has pointed out, you first need to consider the visa requirements; the UK is being very restrictive on immigration from outside the EU and many people with sought after skills, that could get jobs, are being turned away.  You say your husband is a Customer Service Associate, while you were a flight attendant for an airline; to be honest, I don't see anything unique about your skills/qualifications that would make you stand out above the rest who are also applying, so I think you'll struggle to get in.  You also need to consider that there are millions of refugees currently flooding into the EU, this can only deflate the job market and make it harder for you and your husband.

From your profile; it looks like one of your priorities is finding a school for your children to receive a "good muslim education".  While there are some Muslim schools in the UK, the clock is ticking and your child is getting older, it makes me wonder why you are considering the UK and not a Muslim country where you may find it easier to emigrate to?

Well in fairness she considered Egypt before that. I take it from her research into this, she might of came to the conclusion that it's not as practical as she would like it to be. To the poster - Unfortunately it's even less practical to settle in the UK successfully unless one has a skill in high demand. To give you an idea:

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … l_2015.pdf

Remember you will not only be facing stiff competition from those here, and from outside the EU, but the many across the EU as well, who will be in front of you in the queue. You don't have something that will push you ahead and give you an advantage in this ever increasing queue, so it's best to save time, and consider other viable options than a work permit.

As for a good religious education - then you will be very disappointed, not in the quality of the education, but rather the society, as the UK is no longer the tolerant and welcoming place you probably envisage. Unfortunately events around the world has led to this.

Thank you for the information Chuckle Butty , Cynic and XB23 . Really appreciate it . But do feel free to continue this thread for any more information .

kikikhan wrote:

Thank you for the information Chuckle Butty , Cynic and XB23 . Really appreciate it . But do feel free to continue this thread for any more information .

No problem; I just did a quick Google of countries who are currently taking in immigrants, pretty much the only ones that ticks your boxes is Dubai, followed by the Philippines.

Cynic , that time u took to google is really appreciated . thank you again !!

Don't both at the moment lack opportunities for it's own, never-mind expats? I speak quite often to a few people based in Dubai, and things appear quite difficult at the moment for them. And it seems many Filipino's look for a way out of their country.

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : please keep that kind of comment for you