Everyday

As an expat, what do you really miss that you had access to in the U. S.? Are there things that you wish could be shipped to you from the states? or does paradise have everything you need? or would it be so cost prohibitive, that it would be impractical?

What do I miss other than 24 hour electric and water I can drink from the tap...........................................NADA!

Bob K

Anything I actually miss I can buy and have send here.  There is not much I really miss, an occasional snack,  some condiment etc but nothing of substance.

I do miss 24/7 electricity like Bob.

Medicare & Medicaid. Otherwise everything I need or want is here. Once you simplify your life to what is really important you will find that you won't really miss much.  Life is not about things, it is about the YOU in YOU. Often  you are surprised at what you find.  Luck to you all in your search for what is truly important in life..   Read all of the Groby57 posts, he found a way to  understand his true needs. His sense of vision is to be emulated.

Read all of the Groby57 posts, he found a way to  understand his true needs. His sense of vision is to be emulated.

I fully agree with you Gypsy, but also I enjoy reading your posts. You contribute a lot to what the vision of living in the DR is like and this will help me when I am ready to make my move to the DR.

Gypsy yes i did forget about the Medicare issue.  Since i am currentlly  covered by an internationall policy it does not effect me currently

And so correct on Groby's posts.  He is such an asset to this board.

Bob K

He is an asset  Bob, as are most of our posters!  Whether you are asking or answering a question everyone here has value.  Each of us has a perspective on  living here and on life. None is wrong, none is correct, each is individual.

What works for one, may help another etc etc.  That is what we strive to do here,  help each other with our information, experience and our questions!   

Carry on campers.......LOL

Yes captain :D:D:D:D

Bob K

Life is a conversation, be sure you have the vocabulary for it.

Love it Gypsy.......

Planner, I knew you of all people would get the meaning of it..  Please don't burn yourself out, it AINT worth it it..... Believe me, I know.  The only one that loses is you, the others benefit from your labors.  When it stops being fun & starts to hurt, slow down & add the experience to your vocabulary.  The price of your health is too high a fare to ride that bus.

Thank you Gypsy,  I am listening.  It is really hard to slow it down until after next week. BUT I am taking tomorrow off!  Someone else is covering and the world can just do without me for a day......LOL

Glad you are taking a day off.  Mental health days are soooo important.

Bob K

Thanks Bob,  mental health day sounds sooooooo good.  Woke early (ahhhhhhhhhhhh)  and turned on the news -  yikes not there. Damn daylight savings time!!!!  Makes all the tv  1 hour later. I hate that.  So my news doesn't come on until  7 am now.  Yuckkkkkk

We are overcast,  had some thunder about  5 am and looks like a not nice day. 

I might change my mind and do accounting!  I am 6 weeks behind on it so a rainy day spent crunching numbers might be the ticket and I will take 1/2 a day for the beach later this week..................

Decisions.........................

Yes we have had some nice showers the last two nights and the gardens actually are coming back to life!

Bob K