Thinking about relocating

Good morning all,

my name is Maria, currently i live in malta but lately i started thinking about moving. what i know about iceland is too little yet i know i get fascinated by the sceneries. any way,

I would appreciate any kind of information on life there, how easy it is to learn the language and how long does it take on average..

also how easy it is to find an english speaking job until you learn the language and what are the jobs / working fields on demand.

Again, have a good day

Hello martelli

I suggest you browse the forum by 'Forum Categories' in order to gather some infos.

You may want to check out threads in that section : Everyday life in Iceland

Regards
Kenjee

Thank you Kenjee!

Learning Icelandic is extremely hard, but English is widely spoken. Getting a job depends on what kind of job you are thinking about and where in Iceland you are thinking about moving. Jobs for non-Icelandic speakers are mainly in hotels, restaurants, fish industry, craftmanship or factories.  Iceland is big and rural and many towns are very isolated.
Iceland is expensive and salary are is not high, the housing market in the capital area is a nightmare, it is almost impossible to get a housing and if you are lucky to get one, it will be extremely expensive. Beware of the weather; Iceland is cold all days of the year.