Canadian interested in possibily moving to Peru

Hello everyone :)

I am new to the blog and interested in hopefully getting some needed information on living in Peru. I am a Canadian planning to visit someone in the new year and am looking for information on what I need to do to find work in Lima, more specifically Miraflores.

I do not speak Spanish.

I have owned and operated my own businesses in the past in the construction equipment industry as well as general contracting doing home renovations as well as landscape design and construction.

I appreciate any help that I can get because I am excited to Visit Peru and am hopeful that I will be able to figure out a way to move there.

Jay

Hey Jay,
Hope all is ok.
Good to know that some of my fellow Canadian interested in moving abroad.
Which City and province do you live in? There is so much to talk about.

Peace

Hello,

Thanks for your response and any info you can give me :). I live in Ontario, a couple hours north of Toronto. Where are you from, where do you live in Peru, and what do you do there for work if I can ask?

Hi Jay,
I am a Canadian citizen living in Toronto. I have been thinking of moving overseas for very long time now. I have traveled to many different countries looking for the ideal place to live and conduct a small business or just simply enjoy the weather, peace and the slow pas of life(if that possible) My plan was to be in Peru on December and stay for at least 2 month to find out if it is ok  for long term residency. I find out December is rainy season in Peru. so I consider Ecuador but then EL NINO will be there by the time I get there.

What is your plan?

Peace

Hello,
My plan is to travel to Lima in Jan and stay there for the winter, I have a friend there but need to figure out what to do for money while I am there. I have not had a lot of luck getting help from people on here up to this point but am still trying to find new contacts. From what I have read and been told Peru can be a little different from Canada and possibly difficult when it comes to certain things, finding work for example. Here we can go to a temp agency and get casual work to support ourselves, there it seems that there is a lot more paperwork and red tape to deal with. Others have told me the best way is to have friends and family help in Peru, which a common way that Peruvians find work, up to this point my friend has not been able to help me either. I have been able to find many places to rent while I am there, so once I can figure out work I will book my plane ticket. What are your plans for working while you stay in South America, have you travelled there before?

Hi,
welcome. I m Delphine, French (Paris). I live in Residential Surco (5 min from Miraflores) since 10 years.I have a big house (900m2) and rent or exchange services. I'm sure we xan help each other...
Please give me your phone . I have unlimited phone calls to Canada (entel) to discuss.

I loved Toronto awhen I stayed in fashion district

talk to you
Delphine