NEW 2016 Strict immigration Rules FYI

New regulations will take effect on 1st of January 2016 at least in Bali (Badung Regency)
According to new rules, foreigner's visas will be rejected in case if during past 12 months visitor has had:
2 visas on arrival (paid or free)
1 Social/Tourist Visa B211
There are no changes for holders of KITAP, KITAS, Diplomatic

So does that mean that as of 2016 visitors that have had two VOA's within the past year will not be allowed entry into Bali or is this only when applying for visa extensions? Either way, I can't see the reasoning behind this especially if the visitors are genuine tourists who like to relax in Bali for longer than 2 months.

This news is quite new from immigration , I think its mainly back to back visas they are more interested in ie to stop illegal workers , I expect they are taking further steps because of ASEAN freedom of movement for work.
It will be interesting to see how this affects tourism

tel522 wrote:

This news is quite new from immigration , I think its mainly back to back visas they are more interested in ie to stop illegal workers , I expect they are taking further steps because of ASEAN freedom of movement for work.
It will be interesting to see how this affects tourism

Obviously it would be a shame to block genuine tourists from coming to Bali to spend their money. If these are the new rules then hopefully there will be exceptions or consideration on a case by case basis. If not, probably those tourists will go somewhere else such as Thailand or Philippines which would be unfortunate. I guess we will need to wait for more clarification on the new rules.

The "reasoning" for this new regulation is to try to control illegal workers.  For certain, more illegal foreign workers are regularly caught in the Badung Regency than any of the other regencies of Bali, but how the heck they can possibly control VOA and 60 day visit visas only for that regency is behind my comprehension.

I am a fly in fly out worker in Australia and work a 23/10 roster , I go to Bali every break and next month I'm getting married to a local Balinese , how will new immigration laws affect me ?

A very useful question. Perhaps tel522 could tell us where this information can be found so people can learn more about it. However I must agree with Roy over how it will be managed and by who and where. I can't imagine immigration refusing returning tourists or people who fly in and out of the country on tourist stamps re entry with proof they are doing something they shouldn't be. So let's wait and see what happens and how it turns out.
Gadingling good luck with your wedding next month.

http://i0.wp.com/www.topbali.com/wp-con … ons-1.jpeghttp://i1.wp.com/www.topbali.com/wp-con … ons-2.jpeg

The above 2 links show the document as posted in ngurah rai immigration this info was first posted on the living in indonesia forum and I received further info from perca indonesia  , I posted because I presume it may effect some expats , but as yet I dont know how it will be applied..

Thanks mate

I've found a translation and a good discussion about the topic here; http://balipedia.com/bali-news/immigrat … -visa-runs

It's all pretty vague..

I just did a review of other forums and it's amusing just how much of a ruckus this is causing.   :D

Have no worries…cooler heads and logic will eventually prevail as it always does over here.

That said, have no doubts about the very serious level of commitment on the part of both the police and immigration officials to weed out as many illegal foreign workers as possible.   :top:

Seems there is an update on this, they cancelled the recommendations; http://balipedia.com/bali-news/tighter- … st-10-days

who.d want work here u get paid jack chit.

Who would want to work here...in Bali?  Are you joking?  ROFLOL!  OMG, the list is endless.  BUT you are right in a sense in that Bali is not for everyone.  And you are also correct in that the monetary payback is most often not anywhere near as attractive as with other areas in Asia and SE Asia.

For those who want to live and work in Bali...the monetary rewards are but a small part of the reasons to have this desire.

I see Bali as a place to visit and to enjoy and I feel if I worked and lived there then some of that magic and beauty would be lost hence the reason I don't want to.  I prefer my concrete surroundings for now as it makes me appreciate islands like Bali more when I visit them. That way there is always something to look forward to.