Moving to Murcia, getting stuff here including cats

Lots of questions

Have just started looking as need to leave the UK in the next month and can't face another winter
Seem to have a few options , six months on a golf course, nice and easy and cheap but worried it will be dead

Any ideas of ways to find decent apartments in the city ? or should I do 6 months to settle in

Also good movers , not moving big stuff but loads of boxes and clothes etc
any good ones you can recommend ?

Last question pets
Can they be taken as carry on the flight or do they have to go as cargo
websites are quite confusing

Thanks x

John

Animals will be carried in the hold but very few airlines do this. I think Monarch do it but not sure. When we moved over we had our dogs transported overland by a pet carrier.

Hey in regards to your pets, I moved to Murcia last August and had my three cats driven over, they were fine and i definitely recommend the company. They are called transpets you can find them through google

Hi John,

I arrived to Murcia almost 2 years ago and I love it. The quality of life is great here if you have a job. To look for a property to rent or buy, I advise you to come on holiday and check the areas you like. I know well Murcia but I don´t know what you are looking for so I cannot advise you further. Personnaly im living in Barrio del Carmen, it is at 15min walk from the city center. I live in a rooftop of 140m2 with a terrace of 40m2 that I pay 500 a month. You can use some websites such as idealista.com or fotocasa. However, if you need a comprehensive support, you can contact a local real estate agent that knows perfectly well the area and will help you to find the best area and home for you. I think the agent ready4spain.com/en/ is based in Murcia but they speak English.

I came with my cat from France and I had to pay a fee of around 80 if I remember well to bring it with me. To must to the Rage vacine, it is obligatory in Spain.

I hope this will help you.
All the best,
Melissa :)