Which bank is easiest to deal with once your working here?

I managed to get a Vietcom bank account set up a few years ago in Binh Duong. However, now they're being a real pain in the arse at every other branch. They wont let me deposit VND saying its only a forigner account for transferring money into the country (something i've never once use that account for) now they're demanding a labor contract.

I do my international stuff real cheap through citibank so thats not an issue. but i cant put money in that account from here either.

So if your earning money here who is the easiest to deal with?

Agribank just told me they need my passport and visa no labor contract before depositing but i seem to remember someone mentioning something about only being able to keep money in a bank until your visa expiry date and having to show your passport every three months or they keep the money??? Is that true?

Is it possible for expats to bank normally without all the hassles in this country?   
Does anyone know the best option?

Cheers Rick

Gday Rikka,
That's common now that they won't let foreigners bank money without pay slips / work contract etc.
They are cracking down on illegal workers not paying tax.

Yogi doesn't need to work , so he just uses a VIetcomm account to receive funds from international teletransfers.   If your job or business is legit, just show them any paperwork you have to verify how you got the money you want to bank.       I don't know about the Visa thing.......that's scary.  But then again you are in a country where the laws mean jack shit and they are purely up to how the person your dealing with interprets them.

That's why Yogi won't invest anything here.  It's best to stay in blue chip safe havens.

But Yogi did notice that you are recently married.  That should solve your money problem . 
Has anyone told you yet that the woman of the house controls the purse strings...??

It's a wonderful idea. 😀

So....just be a good lad and give her your money each week and she'll know what to do with it.

So there ya go Rick.....problem solved.

You can open account in any bank in Vietnam (vietcombank, vietinbank, ...)
You just need to show your passport + say where come from money (only for open the count after they will not ask).

If you have a labour contract or a company, it's not a problem to prove where come from money.
If not, you can transfer money from your country to your new bank for opening the count.

After you can use the count normally and add money from Vietnam by yourself with no problem.

I did it for open account in VietinBank.
I asked before to Vietcombank and they was agree also.