Poetry night

hey guys,
A couple of friends and i were discussing starting a small spoken word/poetry night this Friday. Just  wondering how many of you would be interested in such an evening,either sharing some of your poetry or spoken word pieces or simply attending?
thank you

Hey Insh,

That's a great news! Am doing and organizing some slam poetry events down here . It would be great to get in touch! That sounds already great!!!

Let's catch up PM and see how we can get this thing on :)

Cheers,

Giovanni Hope

Hey sorry,

Just had a bug because my flatmate send me the link of this message and I replied through his profile unconsciously.

Here is my real profile.

Cheers

Giovanni Hope
Le Root'Ard :)

hey Giovanni
yes would definitely like to work with you. Are you starting the slam poetry here in Mauritius?  Depending on the response my friends and i were thinking of having the first poetry night this friday the 23rd of October.

Yep.

Sending you more info in PM. Catch you up later :)

G.

Hi..that's a great idea..i would love to attend..let me know when it's all confirmed!

We are still trying to organise it. It all depends on the response that we get.

:) Hi, if you look on this site under my username, you will see I wrote something similar...i
here it us again,
" Hello, I'm Susanne, who, as a lucky (old, English-speaker) person, comes backwards & forwards to Mauritius. I'm wondering if the are any poetry events here? As I cannot see anything like that on this site, and haven't heard of any or found any in my progressions around various parts of this divine isle. If there are no open-mic events here maybe I can volunteer to see if I can find some places to run some - in the months I am here? Then maybe there might be other people, who might do some volunteer-spots while I'm not here? No hurry, it will take a while to find venues, and set up, and - we could even begin with beginners, or maybe what's called 'doggerel'  - which is a lot of fun (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doggerel). It is possible to create events for any/all ages Any thoughts? best wishes, & Peace, old Susanne
P.S. If you are interested, try searching 'poetry readings 2015' online, and see the huge amount of interesting goings-on - worldwide - particularly poems for peace. xs"
Last edited by susanneah (03 October 2015 02:05:18)
I'm away for a while atm, so good luck! Peace,
Susanneah

Insh wrote:

hey guys,
A couple of friends and i were discussing starting a small spoken word/poetry night this Friday. Just  wondering how many of you would be interested in such an evening,either sharing some of your poetry or spoken word pieces or simply attending?
thank you

Hello, I'm Susanne, who, as a lucky (old, English-speaker) person, comes backwards & forwards to Mauritius. I'm wondering if the are any poetry events here? As I cannot see anything like that on this site, and haven't heard of any or found any in my progressions around various parts of this divine isle. If there are no open-mic events here maybe I can volunteer to see if I can find some places to run some - in the months I am here? Then maybe there might be other people, who might do some volunteer-spots while I'm not here? No hurry, it will take a while to find venues, and set up, and - we could even begin with beginners, or maybe what's called 'doggerel'  - which is a lot of fun (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doggerel). It is possible to create events for any/all ages Any thoughts? best wishes, & Peace, old Susanne
P.S. If you are interested, try searching 'poetry readings 2015' and see the huge amount going on - worldwide - particularly poems for peace. xs
Last edited by susanneah (03 October 2015 02:05:18)

Are any of these things still happening? I've just moved to Mauritius from the UK. I'm a poet, artist and writer and would love to connect with similar creatives! x

Hi..i guess we could start something like that..

Hello, welcome! I first suggested this type of group when I was in Mauritius several years ago, but I'm back in Australia atm,
So, hope you have success! Love to catch up for coffee & chat when I return?
That will probably be in about 3 weeks. My email is: **. Maybe also ask, via Facebook "Society of Travelling Poets" site, & Facebook's own Poetry Society section? Also, maybe put up a note on the notice board st the  "London Supermarket, in Rivière Noire, for coffee with like- minded people. The Bay Hotel is a good, safe place to meet for that. That worked for me. Plus maybe join in the other great online, (nominate for Mauritius area)  "Internations"

Moderated by Christine 7 years ago
Reason : please share your contact details via pm. Thank you

Hey all. I am founder of a poetry night on the island. I have organized up to 4 events so far. We are planning for another either this month January or February. We do welcome everyone that would like to attend or perform. Thank you

Hi..yeah I've seen quite a few posts dated from past years. Thank you for sharing your experience.
Hopefully more members who are interested will post here and maybe a meeting can be scheduled.
Cheers

If you decide to have another event, please advertise it on the site as I would love to come.

Thank you so much for this!

Would love to meet you when you return. Have you moved to Australia or are you just visiting?

Hey.
For all those that were asking about poetry / spoken word night on the island. I am happy to announce that we shall be having one this Friday 17th February. It's an open night so please all come through and feel free to perform. It will be at muzika bagatelle. Tickets will be on sale for 200 rupees at the door. Please do come through

Hello, interesting...invite when confirm date :)

Hey. We are having another poetry night this Friday 17th February muzika bagatelle. Starting at 7.30pm. I hope you can make it. It will be an open mic night. Thank you

The date has been confirmed. It is this Friday 17th February at muzika bagatelle. Hope to see you there

good initiative