LED lamp and emergency lamp or Solar generator power

Hi, I've never been in Myanmar and want to go there next year. People told me that in Myanmar there is often blackout in Yangon. I can figure out the electricity cost in Myanmar is so expensive. And, I want to develop a business to sell emergency LED lamp firstly, later maybe solar generator power also. I ask if anyone have same idea with me and want to cooperate. Thanks Nhung

From what I saw the LED light business is already well established, can buy them everywhere.

Then I heard that bringing in solar technology can be difficult as the people in control of the diesel generator business have no interest in seeing this becoming a trend.

Finally, I think 3,4 or 5 years down the road, the electric infrastructure will be working far better than now, thus, no more need for generators in front of each house/business.

Thank you for your reply. I see a little bit the picture. I still have expect on Emergency LED lamp market like the rural area in Vietnam. People use it a lot when black-out. Anyway, I need go to Yangon next year for any reason.
Have a nice day to you! Thanks again!

Hi,

You're welcome.

Regarding the rural areas in Myanmar, I can't judge as I've never been further out of Yangon than about 15km.

I'm scheduled to go to Yangon again in November or December for ten days. I'll look around and let you know what the market prices are for emergency LED lights, so you have a bit more info.

Another thing to keep in mind is the upcoming elections. I am told everybody is waiting to see the results and what the reaction or final outcome will be. Big uncertainty right now and impossible to say what the future will hold.

Ok, thank you. Let me know any information about LED market and emergency LED lamp.
I already run my business on LED lamp in Vietnam, even there are a lot suppliers, or any suppliers on this market. My direction is middle quality and price for middle to high class clients. Talk to you later! Nhung

Hi Nhung,
I lived in Vietnam for almost 9 years and kind of used to life with power black out without the generator. I've been living in Yangon almost 2 years now and it's time to get this emergency Led lamp but can't find the one I saw in Vietnam ( or may be I didn't seriously search for it). The weather here is much hotter and more humidity than in Ho Chi Minh city. I might need to have a small generator just to run a fan.  In my point of view, it will take Yangon at least 5 years to be able to get the electricity run constantly in Yangon. I travel upcountries almost every month. People in the rural areas use small solar panels, I can say almost every hut/ house.
I'm planning to visit HCMC around Christmas or early next year. One of my shopping list, apart from Vietnamese food ingredients, is to buy this LED emergency light. Would you mind share your product name and where can I buy it in HCMC.
Please do come visit Yangon.
Oy

Hi Oy,
It's nice to have your message. If you need an emergency LED lamp, maybe, others need it, too. I have some products from good companies in Vietnam with very reasonable price. Lamp can take lighting duration of 8-10h, I buy 23 usd that is chargable, and 4 usd that is with removal battery.  We can meet in Saigon during your trip and I show you my products. Burmanese start to use solar panel, that is a good new, I really want to build this systeme everywhere with reasonable price. We will keep in touch? Have a nice day! Nhung