Shipping To Vietnam

Aloha Everyone

I'm flying over to VN in January 2016 and would like to ship a few household items to meet me there. Can anyone recommend a reliable and affordable shipping service? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to vietnam,, Good morning ,and have a nice weekend!😚
Im van,34yrs,i'm hones_careful_friendly_punctual_very clean_reliable_hardworking and responsible person,i'm a good maid, i love childen very much ,although i have 3yrs experiences working with foreighner family but i do everything so good Because i love this job so much so i do with my heart,i take care children_clean house_iroin_laundry_go shopping and prepare something for cooking, i can work 6 hours per a day and 5 day per a week,from monday to friday,from 9 am to 3pm or paid hour or three times a week,beacause i have children so i can't work for long day,I speak basic English and chinese,please give me a chance to work for you,i hope you will be satisfires after someday,if you are interested please contacT my phone 01227446679or email
thanks a lot and best regards

Search forum for freight, or import
Here is a thread I bookmarked:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=360310

What kind of stuff you wanna ship to?
If you need any support, contact me xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please avoid posting your contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello,
   I don't have a lot to ship. I've listed the stuff below. The boxes will contain mostly books, but also a few things from the kitchen.   

One 6 drawer dresser (two small drawers @ the top).
One barrel chair.
One office chair.   
One Small antique student desk.
One floor lamp (can disassemble).
One antique moving chest (40 x 25 x 24).
Twelve boxes 18 x 18 x 18.   

Thank You,
Sincerely,
Dan

Hello Dan,

Just saw your posting about you moving to Vietnam - don't know if you are sorted already?

In addition to what may have been recommended to you, you could consider to bring your stuff as excess baggage on the plane, it may not be too expensive.

Alternatively, some of the items you mention, like office chair, drawers - unless it has high emotional value for you, it would be something you easily could buy here, as replacements.

Take care.
Tim

Hello Saigontim

Yes, I have decided to sell the furniture (although it does have emotional value to me) and bring the boxes as extra luggage. Shipping was just too expensive for my budget.

Thank you for your input.

OK, I hope you will have a great time here. It's a great place to be and live :-).. .

Thank you Saigontim,

I am looking forward to the new adventure  :)