New in Riyadh..facing too many problem after coming from uk

Please help me . My children were in good grammar schools in uk but now I am facing lot of problems regarding their admissions and attestation of leaving certificates from uk ..still struggling to cope with new place . should I go back?

i think a life changing decision like should you go back to UK should not be discussed on a public forum. this is something u should have a family meeting about

this is normal my brother .People in ksa speak arabic . If you have good salary ,I Advice you to stay

Relocation is not a little decision to make and going back would be even bigger than it. Every new place has its own challenges and KSA is no different. You might be feeling more because of changes in culture and language.

I would advise you to spend sometime with patience and things would start to get better. The key in KSA is practicing patience while developing social circle. You can try this forum to post your specific issues and people here are generally willing to help. It can serve as a channel to develop your social circle as well if using wisely.

Best of luck.

Hello! and welcome to the Kingdom!

did you try the British International School in Riyadh?

www.bisr.com.sa/sub-menu/contact-us.html

check them out, they might feel more familiar.

Good Luck,
Salman

As from the UK you will get preference to the British School , it is difficult to get  places in the international schools , but you will eventually get in you just need to keep plugging away and keep pushing
heading back to the UK is a dramatic step , loads of British here you will start making contacts then it will get easier

See how it goes and if no improvement in a few months time, send the family back and stay :'( bachelor status. Stress level will be lot lower as a bachelor although you'll miss your family. If your kids were in a UK grammar school it would have been better to come over as a bachelor... Hope it's not too late to send then back to continue their education. In my case the paperwork took too long do I sent my family back to UK and did three year stint alone here helping me to pay off my mortgage and leave me with lads of cash to settle back into UK later.

Hi,

If you want to stay here you will have to get the certificates attested from Saudi Embassy in UK and then you can get admission for your children. Processes here in KSA are too delayed and take long time plus alot of struggle.

It depends if you are willing to stay for longer period, then get the documents attested once for all. Living here for expats is not easy if you are coming from a better place or have traveled the world.