Do you need help in Buenos Aires...

I live in de city, I am 30 years, I am an honest and friendly.
If you need help here, do not hesitate to contact me, I was also a tourist ...
Ask me, write me, maybe I can help you.
Greetings!

Hi Tinapj, :) Welcome to Expat.com

I just want to inform you that I have moved your discussion to the Buenos Aires forum.

Your help will be surely appreciated by other members found in that region!

Regards,
Yud

Hello friend!

My brother needs your help.  He lives in Buenos Aires.  He has been there for 6 months.  He doesn't speak Spanish. I am his sister living in USA in Rochester, Washington. Could you please contact him via e-mail at

[email protected]

His name is Stephen J. Neafcy (pronounced like  Nay f see)
He will be very happy to hear from you.

I am his sister in America and my name is Nancy Neafcy Stanton.

My email address is  [email protected]

Thank you Gracias  I look forward to getting to know you.  Nan

There are a variety of groups, organizations and individuals (like myself) who are very well connected in the community and willing and able to assist newcomers or anyone else in need.

But it hasn't cost, that's the difference with the rest...
you want make money.... unfortunately.
By the way, I'm trying to help many people who contact me here!!!

Tina, you seem a bit confused so I thought a clarification might be in order.  I own several successful companies and have no need of receiving any financial considerations for assisting people.  I offer my assistance here because as an expat, I understand the challenges of moving to a foreign land and enjoy doing everything I can to assist others in receiving the benefit of my experience living here in Buenos Aires since 2006.  And just to be clear, I have never received nor asked for any payment for assisting persons here. 

I consider myself a social activist and over the course of my time in Argentina I have been heavily involved in both the local and international communities of Buenos Aires.  Like yourself, I share concerns that people will simply come into the forums and try to find clients.  And I too have been known on occasion to speak out when I think some sort of nonsense is going on....

And let's be honest about it: online forums are filled with companies and individuals who are interested in personal gain, typically in the form of money.  So you are not off target in being concerned.  You just happen to have assumed the wrong thing in regards to me and my offer of assistance.  It was in fact genuine and not motivated by hopes of getting into anyone's pocket book.

I appreciate your care and concern for the members of the Buenos Aires and Argentina communities here on Expat-blog, and I hope this clears matters up sufficiently for you.

Tinapj and WynnWoods HELP ME!!!

Hi,

My name is Beth in my early 30's

My husband and our 2 little girls are US citizens and we plan on moving to BA. We have a business that we run online and my husband is a Licensed Massage Therapist, though it is not necessary for him to work while we are there. I am having trouble finding info on what is required for US citizens to live in Argentina longer than 90 days. keep in mind we don't want work permits. I read on a fairly dated blog that we just use our tourist visas then take a ferry ride every 90 days to Uruguay, but more recently I see that Tourist Visas are not necessary for US citizens...What do we do?

We are moving to BA at the same time as other American friends and were hoping to live together in a large place...not that we are hippies or anything : ) we are just really close and like to share meals and help with each other's kids...it seems to be impossible to find a large place with 5 bedrooms in cool areas with public transportation...feel free to correct me if I am wrong...we like unconventional spaces too.

Now that we are all resigned to all finding our own places, can you tell me if it is possible to find a 2 bedroom place for my family in a hip and trendy neighborhood like Palermo for less then $700 a month utilities included or is this a pipe dream? We would be open to other safe neighborhoods that have a similar feel to Palermo that are less expensive. We like clean/modern/trendy or Hip and historic with exposed brick walls that sort of things.

I love any info you have to offer!

Thank you so much,

beth

You should have no difficulty finding a large enough accomodation for all of you.  If you cannot not, please send a personal email here and I will introduce you to some people.  Also, I have calling to most of the world from my VoIP phone and can call and talk that way if you want.

Yes, you can find an apartment in Palermo, or a similar area, with 2 bedrooms for $700 that is furnished and has bills paid.  However, I would recommend and adjacent area such as Villa Crespo where you will find you can save as much as 30& on comparable housing or find a much nicer 2 bedroom for less and you could still be within blocks of Palermo.

Hey everyone. the discussion u all have here is awesome...there are not many people willing to help :) I am from Bulgaria and I live in Bali. I study here mi minor Event management, with major Tourism management. In september I should start my internship and I still don't know where I want to go...there are so many wonderful places in the world. It would be great if you can give me some information about finding tourism/event internships in Buenos Aires. A friend of mine was there and she said the city is amazing so...why not :)I would be veeery thankful! any information will be useful :)))

The Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Hotel is an amazing venue.  It is an old palace with a wonderful courtyard that would be ideal the right time fo the year. 

http://www.buenosaires.park.hyatt.com/h … x.jsp?null

Some of the hotels/resorts on the islands in the Tigre Delta would be wonderful for a wedding of that size.

viejoalmacen.com/esp/eventos.html

Hi

I have just arrived in Buenos Aires from England and will be spending a year here volunteering for LIFE Argentina, an organisation working with kids from the villas. I know noone in Buenos Aires so any help with meeting people and helping me to settle in here would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Jacqueline

Jacqueline, I would be more than happy to introduce you to some people and would be interested myself in learning about your work with LIFE Argentina.

Would be great to meet you - may be this weekend some time? - and I can tell you about what I am doing here in Buenos Aires and if you could point me to ways of meeting people that would be great

Jacqueline

hello every one

i am happy to come here,i just come buenos aires a few mouths,that less the relative and freind ,and my spnish is

terrible,so i need you help that i want get a accomodation and

roommate is freindly and kindly,please give the information,and i am greatful the help. e MAIL  [email protected]