Crossing to Netherlands from Belgium for Work Meeting

Hi,

I'm currently residing in Belgium and I have a Team Meeting in one of the offices in Netherlands. I'm here on a Long Term D Visa, however I have a doubt if I'm allowed to cross the border with this Visa. I'm yet to get my residential card as well as I arrived in Belgium only a few days back.

Any insights on this will be really helpfull

Yes. Legally you can travel inside schegen with your D type visa while you wait for your residence permit after registering in local commune. Also, there is no border passport control as such (unless there are some checkpoints or control due to recent developments).

I just went to Germany for an engagement party. Traveled on my D visa while still awaiting my residence ID card. So from my most recent experience, yeah you should have no trouble traveling. Just carry the basic important docs with you, just in case, never hurts to be careful. E.g., I carried my marriage certificate and my dutchie husband, hahaha :D

Additionally, I am not sure if commune can provide you a paper stating that you registered and applied for the residence permit, It is worth to check with them. If they provide such a document, keep it with your passport and other documents (like work permit) that you must carry with you.

Thank you both. So that's cleared now. And yes I will ask my commune if they can give me such a document.

Thanks again