Moving to China

Hey guys :)

I'm usually active over in the Egypt forum, as that's where I'm living at the moment.

However, my fiance and I are considering moving to China! I have a few questions if you wouldn't mind helping :)

Firstly, when it comes to finding a job, we've both been looking online. Does anyone have any sites that they could recommend?

Secondly, where is the more expat friendly city, I've been looking at Beijing and Shanghai, but I'm not sure where else would be a good place to start. My fiance is a graphic designer, and I am a writer / journalist.

Also, can you tell me if facebook, youtube, and other sites are still blocked in China?

Thanks for your help :)

Hello leprechaun1188 :)

If you haven't already been through the Life in China Guide and read the article "How to be Headhunted for China Jobs - 9 LinkedIn Strategies", I would suggest that you view it. It might be useful.

Regards,
Sheetul

Thanks Sheetul. I'll do that.

Facebook and YouTube are blocked in China and so are many other sites. JW

Hi,my friend,gald to know that you are going to China.
This is Simon Chen from Ningbo,China,2 drive hours from Shanghai.

I am sorry to tell you that Facebook can not be used in China,in China,what we use are Chinese web company.

Almost all Chinese have QQ,which is just like the icq,msn,skype etc,i think it will be better for you to get a free QQ in China.

Any question please ask me.
Best wishes and Regards
Simon Chen

msn:[email protected]  skype:shangge007
mob:0086-13858304530

(Moderated: No Free advertising, Please, Thanks)