Should I take the offer?3500 SGD. Can i switch once get employee pass?

Hi all,

I have 4 years of experience and I have been offered a job of 3500 SGD per month basic with 1 year contract. I did a basic search and found out that it is too less for my experience. Also; the company is not providing relocation assistance and will pay only for the employee pass. I had thought of refusing the offer; then I read on somewhere that it is important to first get foot on the door.

Should I take the offer for now; and change the job 4-5 months later? Can we switch jobs once we get the employee pass; like in the case of USA's H1-B visa; once the visa is approved; its easy to switch job with a new employer. Is this the same case in singapore as well?

Hoping to get suggestions.

Thanks in advace

Your EP will be applied for by your employer and is valid only for work there.
If you want to change job, you need to apply for a new EP (which can be rejected for a number of reasons).
Also, MoM (and most employers) dislike job-hoppers, so it is better to stay in the first job for 1-2 years.

Edited to add: With a recognised university degree and 4 years applicable experience, you should earn around S$4500/month. Please note that this is not enough to feed a family - thus you're only allowed to bring spouse and kids if you earn above S$5000/month.

My Bombay friend ,

Singapore is one of the top 5 expensive places to stay in this world .

In many other forums beppi has given break up of the costs with regards to
Rent transport food gas cable internet phone utilitez like electricity  ,water ,etc
Also note accommodation , education is very expensive there .
Very difficult to get admissions in public schools .private schools its more expensive
Most people travel since the transport system  is good .

In simple laymans words ,                                      you need 5 k if you are single
10 k + if you have a family .

All the best

Regards

Apologies for not providing the details earlier. Though I think I have got the answer; here are the details:-
Age-26 years; Bachelor
Industry- Information technology
Position-Technical Consultant
Home country-India
Accommodation required -Yes
Current Salary - 1250000 INR per annum

I talk with a positive note. You may chose this job as u r single but looking at ur experience n present earnings in India, this package is at lower side in SG.

With EP, it's difficult to change a job in SG, risk factor is too high when ur new employer's EP application may reject by MOM (Ministry of Manpower) due to many reasons, then u ve to leave SG in30 days.

But chances of new offer in ur case is high cause ur salary level is below average which is a positive sign

All the best.

This is less for sure for IT professionals!!!