Common Project

Hi all,

I'm looking to invest time, money and energy into a common project/business somewhere in Indonesia.

I'm just opening dialogue with locals and Expats for now and see what happens. Contact me here or via PM. All projects will be considered.

Cheers!

Don't get busted here, no matter how much money you have or intend to loose.

Use Expect-blog to gather informations about the rules and laws.

How much investment are you willing to make? Do you want to be an active partner and what percentage of partnership are you looking for? There are lots of possibilities, but you should know that there are fraudsters willing to take your money, both locals and foreigners so you should be extremely careful. One important rule of business is not to make a  partnership when you can do it alone. The majority of partnerships end over disagreement or dishonesty on the part of one partner. Personally, in twenty five years of running my own businesses, the only partnership I ever had was the first one because I started with no money at all and that was to create a new business with a large established company in Hong Kong with three partners who happened to be our friends. It was a 50/50 partnership. The first deal that we earned from, they took 50% of the profits as operating costs and then gave us half of what was left and they kept the other 25%. We argued and split and I set up my own first company down the road from them which went on to become very successful.

Having said that, I believe there are lots of opportunities to partner particularly with locals. For example, hotel chefs who want to start their own restaurant, or hotel managers who want to run their own hotel. Then you could buy a franchise, there are literally thousands of them available from cheap food ones to branded products, and even English First language schools. It really depends in which field you want to invest and how much you are prepared to invest.

On the other hand, the regulations for foreigners both living and working and investing in Indonesia is quite strict so as happyhour says, you should read up on it in Expatblog as there are lots of references to it.