I need an apartment!

Hey,
Let me repost this again, I am not advertising anything! I am asking for help and guidance because I'm sick of getting taken advantage of, so don't close this post.

My husband and I are trying to find an apartment in el tagamo el khames, and we are finding it difficult for certain reasons.
1) they think we are rich because we are foreign. So they try to rip us off!
2) they think we don't know the market. So they try to rip us off!
3)Real estate assume we havnt lived in egypt before, So they rip us off!
If someone could help us with anything either help, advice or available apartments that would be greatly appreciated.
We are looking for:
3 Bedrooms
150-200m2
Must have a full bathtub
Ground and First floor, unless there's an elevator.
Unfurnished
2000-2700LE
Wanting for a year minimum.
* we will not pay more than 2700LE, so just don't even go there!

Thanks in advance .

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Publicity of services not allowed. For any offers you may have please refer to the Housing

Omg... Real estate agents and brokers just be lying!

I'm so sorry for that .. but i submitted some good links for apartments as you ask! .. from 2200 to 2700 at tagmoa khames.. but expat-blog website banned me cause of links .. and removed my reply. .

thank you Mrs. Klae

Hi my name is fafi.i read ur sms and I agree with u about ur comments.even with egyptians if I don't know a bit what's around they take advatage ofcourse.sny way I think I havevwhat u need let me check and answer back.regards.

You will want to move to maadi.I lived there for seven years and it was great. You will want to hire a maid, but don't forget how to clean your own toilet, because when you come back, you will have to do it yourself! My
Ex-husband still works there. Get your meat from the Happy Dinner man. He gets it from the delta (north) region and its wonderful. I really got tired
of being called "Madam" because we are just normal people. I went through about 4 maids and finally setteled for a philipene maid. The egyptian maids just don't clean like we do. For example, when they dust
they just go around the outside instead of picking it up an dusting under it.
Also, remember in their culture it's kind of a sin not to take advantage of something when they can, so keep your valubles hidden so they don't have the opportunity to take them. GOOD LUCK!

I'm searching there for 3000 EGP and I Can't find for that price and I'm Egyptian.

use the following link and i hope it will fulfil your needs https://www.shof3qar.com/en/searches/Ca … amis-Cairo

Good Luck

I believe these people were looking for 2700 le a month and no way can you touch anything in Maadi for under 4000 le. Good Luck. I gave up looking.

yes you are right mrs. Cape cod girl  in Maadi  any apartment here start from L.E 3500 to $ 5000
Good Luck
Ali

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the housing in Cairo section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Check out Rehab City.. It is close enough to the fifth settlement;  we are renting a 90 meter apartment  here that came with kitchen furniture and an airconditioner for 2700 LE. We find it to be a very good deal. I think there are many apartments in Rehab city around this price range.
Tips: -try different real estate agents.
- negotiate, our apartment costed 3500 LE, we negotiated it down to 2700 LE, but you must reach the owner to be able to negotiate.
-Always pretend that you have another cheaper option, but you really like this apartment, and you hope that the price could go down a bit so you are able to rent it.
-See as many apartments that you can.
-get an Arabic speaking friend to find you a real estate agent that doesn't target foreigners, they usually advertise, or are listed in Arabic.
-Search for apartments in Arabic online.

Good luck.

Thank you very much for the advice. I want to find a good neighborhood that's safe and walking distance to buses or taxis. I live in Hurghada and find you also have to negotiate but you do it with the doorman. The owner tells them their bottom line price , he jacks it up hoping you'll pay it and anything over it, he gets to keep. They pretend they are poor, but they do quite well. I'm surprised that living in a tourist area that the prices are cheaper here than Cairo. If I could find the right flat, I would move back since Cairo has more to offer. Thanks for your information. I do have very good Arabic /Egyptians friends to help with language barriers. :)

Hii, you wont find a good appartmert in a good area in tagamoaa less than 5000 pounds, its getting very expensive, good luck

You have to revise your market  data
Roof of 90 square meters 2000-2500 l.e
What do you expect for a Flat of 200 square meters?!!