Business visa for long term job?

Hello everyone

I have been offered an employment contract of 1 year with 3 month probation period for a Saudi based company. However they are suggesting me a business visa instead of work visa. My questions are

1. why the company is suggesting a business visa ( which i think valid up to 3 moths/90 days) while it is a 1 year job with the intention of issuing an iqama later.
2.Is it possible to change or convert a business visa to work visa or residence permit/Iqama, while I am in KSA and without exiting the country

thank you, I appreciate your answers

#1 it's quicker to get this type of visa and usually employment visas are limited in number

#2 no

Thanks for you reply
Then in that case, their intention is, if approved after the 3 month probation I exit the country and I apply again for a work visa or (probably for another business visa and so on) which will take some time say not less than a month , if not approved I just leave? right?
I am also wondering how come that I apply for a business visa without requesting an employment certificate from a local company ( which does not exist) and which is supposed to send me to a Saudi company as a business visitor. Differently said how the saudi based company is asking me for a business visa with a one year contract an invitation letter etc but without a letter from local company where I live now? looks strange for me honestly coz It does not seem the appropriate visa nor even technically feasible

sorry , couldn't spend much time to understand what you mean from above comment. But to make you aware :-

1. Business Visa doesn't allow to rent a house, take car, or even open a bank account. For all these you need Iqama (resident permit)
2. So your company need to transfer money directly to your home country and you may need to stay in a hotel on your passport or someone else needs to take a house and you can share / live.
3. Make sure your company is really good one or and international company with very good HR policies else local companies can make you feel at worse like a beggar on their mercy for everything.
4. Only silver lining is you can get out of country anytime you wish else on work visa you need any exit visa from your sponsorer...

It is not legally allowed to work on a business visa. This is also clear when you need to provide a certificate that you are employed by another firm in your country in order to get the visa stamped. One can only provide a fake certificate which is clearly illegal. No matter what they tell you, its illegal to work on a business visa, as other stated above that you cant rent a car, apartment, open a bank account, you are literally on their mercy and if they choose not to pay you, you cant claim anything because you cant legally work on business visa.
The only legal way to work in KSA is on an iqama (work/residence permit).
You have been warned.

Thank you guys,

Well its a big international company and consortium leader of a big project in Riyadh, I hardly doubt if they do not meet their promises but agree on the fact that this brings a lot of troubles,

But is Business visa the same as work visit visa (ziyara amal), ?

Jebali Bassem wrote:

Thank you guys,

Well its a big international company and consortium leader of a big project in Riyadh, I hardly doubt if they do not meet their promises but agree on the fact that this brings a lot of troubles,

But is Business visa the same as work visit visa (ziyara amal), ?

Ask the local KSA embassy if you are allowed to work on it OFFICIALLY.

So you think only small companies lie and cheat their employees? Youre in for a surprise my friend.  :D

alpha.one wrote:

It is not legally allowed to work on a business visa. This is also clear when you need to provide a certificate that you are employed by another firm in your country in order to get the visa stamped. One can only provide a fake certificate which is clearly illegal. No matter what they tell you, its illegal to work on a business visa, as other stated above that you cant rent a car, apartment, open a bank account, you are literally on their mercy and if they choose not to pay you, you cant claim anything because you cant legally work on business visa.
The only legal way to work in KSA is on an iqama (work/residence permit).
You have been warned.

NO. iqama is not the only visa they can work on. there is work visit visa. -

Hi everybody,

There are some disagreements here.
Everything can be cleared up if you can simply support your information by sharing its source. ;)

Thank you

Priscilla

rareshine wrote:

NO. iqama is not the only visa they can work on. there is work visit visa. -

Maybe you forgot to read my second post in which I adviced him to check with the local Saudi Embassy if he is allowed to work on that visa legally. Also you probably didnt read all his posts where he says that they are asking for things which dont make sense and that is why he is even more doutful if its the right visa. Also our duty is to give the right advice, i.e. tell him whats right not what is the norm, norm is not always legitimate.Tthere are many people who make the move and later find out that they were given false promises and hope. So better to double check and come on a legal work visa (Iqama or not) so he can ask for his rights if he is wronged.
My advice: check with the Saudi embassy if they are offering the correct visa.

Jebali Bassem wrote:

Hello everyone

I have been offered an employment contract of 1 year with 3 month probation period for a Saudi based company. However they are suggesting me a business visa instead of work visa. My questions are

1. why the company is suggesting a business visa ( which i think valid up to 3 moths/90 days) while it is a 1 year job with the intention of issuing an iqama later.
2.Is it possible to change or convert a business visa to work visa or residence permit/Iqama, while I am in KSA and without exiting the country

thank you, I appreciate your answers

1- On business visa you can work no issue at all.
2- its a 1 year contract ( Project based Job )  so salary cash.
3- Accommodation, transportation, and all other matters are company responsibility.
4- Saudi Embassy will never share the visa info.
5- Now a days there are many companies, they hire the people for 1 year and renew the business visa for every 3 months for 1 year you can renew & Yes you can change the business or visit visa into a permanent work visa.
6- Your company is based in which city ? Jeddah, Riyadh or ???  You can share the company info with the group members and we can help to know the company reputation.

SOFT NOTE: Its a personal request to all the members please if someone is asking for help, try to provide the proper precise information, without confusing comments. :)

Hi,

Thanks but I'm really confused. Some say yes u can work and this visa is convertible and others say no and all seem to be sure about what they tell. I am curious to know from where u guys have your information since u all r sure and don't tell the same thing

I asked the Saudi Embassy here and they informed me that I can work on a work visit visa up to 180 days no more and it is not convertible to Iqama and noticed that this is not the appropriate visa if a 1 year contract is offered

The Embassy also shows that  Business visa is of 3 types (for those who still confuse): Business man visit, commercial visit and work visit

Thanks

Many expats are here on business visa and are working, please don't listen toThis nonsense people are telling you.
It is perfectly normal for companies to offer this in Saudi and when (or if) you decide to come you will find this out.
Your company will
Provide accommodation and transport and will pay you directly into your home countries bank account.
The people who are spouting off about it not being possible are either not here actually working or have no real clue what happens on the ground.

Also when
On a business visa, you get to travel out of the country (on company expense) to do a Visa run.

don't come in work visa because they are not allowed more than two months. Iam apply for work visa for six months but allowed from saudi embassy one month then told me renew every month but renewed only one month
Business visa proceguer I don't know

tulkyuk information is absolutely right. business visa nowadays 6 months multiple visa. every month you have to go out of saudi and come back again on company expense. you will really enjoy business visa my friend ...

but there are draw backs. you will not have any medical insurance. no bank account and you cannot send money outside of saudi by your name to anyone. you can drive with your international driving license but car should be on same company name.

I have worked in the KSA on an Iqama on 2 occasions. I know many Western Expats who worked at KAPSARC in Riyadh for Jacobs who are a major/global Project Management/ Design Consultancy on bussiness visas ...just leave the country every 28 days to renew stamp on reentry from Bharain. Also more freedom to leave the country without your sponsor to apply for multi-entry visa.😎

Dear rareshine,

Feel FREE to come...join the company and start working. They must be giving you Work Visit Visa. Once you get your VISA stamped and if you know Arabic, you will know about the trade (i.e. Electrician, plumber...etc). Don't worry. It is normal.

Once you will join, when your visa is going to expire, company will get the extension for further 3 months and than again 3 months (as per new LAW). in between they will apply for your permanent visa and once they get, you will have to go back to your country and get is stamped and come back.

Benefits of having such visa:
1. Since they have not given you permanent visa, You can change your company easily as you will not come under their No Competition clause of your Contract.
2. you have a chance to visit your family after 3 months

Disadvantages
1. You can not go to Driving Licence
2. You can not open bank account
3. You to Transfer money to your home, you have to look for somebody's help.

I am Hindu and working here since last one year on same visa. I am enjoying.

The only thing you have to request that VISA should be multi entry so that on weekend you can travel Bahrain (if you are in Dammam, Khobar or Jubail) and enjoy.

All the best