Seeking advice on salary of AED 15000

Hi all,

Iam new to this forum and would need a reliable advice on accepting a job offer in dubai.

We stay in bangalore.My husband has got an offer of 15k AED in a software firm (not a very big concern)in dubai and a round trip ticket , medical insurance for self and family visa status.It is a full time job offer not a contract. He is an MBA graduate.He also has another offer of 90k INR in bangalore in a reputed sofyware firm. We are a moderate family leading a averagelife style.Our main aim is to have savings as we also have a two mont old son.
My question is will we be able to save atleast 80k-90k per month with 15k aed salary per month.If not how much will we able to save?Few ppl are suggesting to take it, and switch to other companies there.
I will be relocating with him after six months of his joining along with our son.

Is the offer worth accepting to have savings.?which offer to take?
Your valuable advice will lead us to take a vital decision in our lives.

take it please... it is quite a good offer

Request you all to advice on my query

Hi! Let me try to answer :-
1. Main thing is career prospects is the profile here better or in India. Decide that first.
2. Work location and accordingly residence and its cost. Here my knowledge is limited to a area called JLT , it has many buildings divided into clusters of 3 building each, from A to Y. here a studio apartment cost about AED 70K and a one bedroom can cost from AED 90K-110K. This is near to Internet city area.
3. Pls. bear in mind all landlords demand rent upfront 1 payment, some agree for 2 or 4 installments. So u must agree with the employer to pay the entire housing allowance component upfront or accordingly.
4. Since your kid is small there will be no education cost....which i hear is high here.
5. Cost of living is not very cheap. Transport is expensive, so try to take residence near the metro line.

Let me know any further questions.

Hi there,

Yes it is a good offer and yes you could save your target savings of 80k-90k Ruppees. And personally I would say you you could even save more than that if you could find accommodation if you find a place nearby the metro line.  :)

If ever, just google up that company, and read about them- get people who are residing here to see if they know anything about it. For an example, I have worked in a job where we had to do a company profile check and do a small write up- so when we used to do that, we get to know whether this is a dodgy place or not. Also go through their linkedin page and see what they are up-to. I have had the bitter experience of meeting people coming with an offer and then loosing it within a short period of time.

All in all my personal opinion is , its a good offer. And that salary bracket is entitled for plenty of temptations over here such as retail banking products and this offers and that offers.

Protip- Minimise whatever the possible bills you could. That salary doesnt need a credit card for an example- someway or the other youll end up getting calls about this offer and that offer and be tempted so the best thing to do is to stick to the initial target of you intending to lead a simple life.

So long as your family doesnt give into fancy temptations and have a disciplined spending habit, you could lead a merry life with that package.. all the best!

thanks very much everyone for your advice..

For a family, AED 15K is not particularly hot.  You will spend at least 4-5K on rent; about half of it on school (sooner or later); and about 2-3K for grocery.  Then furniture. You will be interested in taking a driving license (either of you) and it will cost a packet for the training; then you will pay for the car.  In the end, you will end up with very little savings, like 2K (say INR30,000) at best.  This is by living a simple life and not giving to Dubai's shopping temptations (which is enormous).  Life in Dubai is totally driven by the work and the visa.  Should something go wrong, you have to pack up in 30 days, in the bargain lose money on pre-paid rent for a few months.  Speak to a young family you may know who live here, rather than asking bachelors who come here even for much less salaries.

I have lived al my life in UAE.
My BBM pin is 54ED8677.
Connect with me for proper assistance.

I rarely log in and leave reply.
Because you mentioned Bangalore and IT and AED 15,000 and KID ..Which are similar to what I have, I chose to reply.

At the outset, DO NOT DO IT. Simple as you have INR 90K offer in India.

The breaks up provided here isn't reality. The dynamics are of much different.
As it is open forum, I can't say much.
If I had offer similar to yours (in India) I would take it .
But again each one is on their own.
Be cautious..Better be safe than sorry.

I have an offer of 25000AED per month + 4 flight back home .I have 3 dependents ,school will be paid fully. Is this money enough. Pls advise