Marriage question. Info needed

Hi all. I posted this questjon elsewhere but thought I would start a new thread

I have read many of the posts on this topic of marriage and I think.think I'm aware now of what is required in terms.of documents..

Cert of non impediment
Residency visa
Family stamp
Medical cert

I just noticed a couple of posts mentioning that you have to take your own marriage contract and the registry office just stamps it ... but other posts make no mention of this ...plus there are some.some posts that mention documents needing to be translated ?? Such as ?

I.dont want to turn up with all the above yet find out i should have got a lawyer to prepare a contract.. the embassy sent me info but there was no mention of residency visas or stamps or anything so I am getting the impression there are more steps involved...

so my main question is do they issue a standard marriage certificate at the registry office or do you have to prepare one yourself beforehand ??

Also I have a standard tourist visa. Do I need to obtain a residence visa ? If so does anyone know how this can be obtained as I've become aware of some changes to visa rules recently.

I'm female and English  uk

Thanks in advance for any help

What about a police/criminal record background cert? Proof of religion? I'm pretty sure you need to take more documents than what you listed. It would be a good idea to get an official list from wherever, or ask your fiance for it.

I already have an official.official .list from the UK embassy in Cairo. Proof of religion I have but if not all you have to do is make a signed declaration.  No criminal check required. I have all the documents...

I'm just mainly asking  about this 'non touristic residency stamp' as  I had a 1 year  tourist/residency visa in the past but I'm not sure if it's the same thing...or even required to marry as the UK embassy does not mention any specific visa requirements

To be honest with you i don't have any info about this , but you said you have a lawyer , i think he should know about all this , but also you can ask your husband to go to mogam3 el tahrir in tahriri square they will give you all the info you needs , sorry i'm not able to give you the correct info about this  , cheers

Thanks . I just spoke to someone who got married in June. The whole process was simple and she was able to marry with just the 1 month tourist visa obtained at the airport. No residency stamp required .

It would appear that people have had very different experiences

cool , i hope you finish the process without any problems .x