How to get from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport to Goregaon

Hi, im planning to move to mumbai, and i kind of wanted to know how how i would get off the plane at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport and get to Goregaon. Can someone tell me if there are specific buses or trains that go there, and how long would it take? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Do you wish to go to Goregaon (East) or to Goregaon (West) to enable communicating the exact bus no. or train.
It is however suggested that you take an auto(3 wheeler motorised rikshaw to Goregaon.It is very inexpensive and should cost not more than Rs.120/-.It is transport prefered & used by all.
Alternatively you can go for pre-paid taxi which would cost you not more than Rs.200/
Travelling will take not more than 30 minutes.
Hope this suffices.Please feel free to ask more questions.

Best wishes,
Mark

Hi thanks for the answer it was helpful. Im trying to go to Goregaon West, i looked at a map and it seemed like a long drive. Would it be helpful if i said Oshiwara Industrial Centire (i dont even know what that is) ?

Hi

If this is your first trip to Mumbai, I would recommend that you get an ac taxi. Are you going to a hotel or an office? If so, you should try to get them to arrange a pickup for you. Most of them will do so.

Using an auto (rick) is no problem, but it might take some time to get used to the traffic here, so I would not recommend it for you first ever trip at the Mumbai roads. Also, it is quite polluted to sit in a rick.

Good luck!
Karsten

Hey Depii,

Thought you were coming to Mumbai in a few years (ref. to your earlier post) ... seems you have preponed your plans. Welcome to Mumbai, anyway.

Glamour hunt is more in Andheri than in Goregaon (w), its kind of on the border of andheri and goregaon. So you would be better off asking for MEGA MALL @ OSHIWARA link road. You should try and get other modeling agency for yourself, especially ones who can get you more work on less commission.

You would be better off with Prepaid cab or the queue @ Auto Rickshaw after coming out of the international airport terminal towards right near the bus stop. Works well, better than Delhi actually.

For flat mates search on Mumbai Craiglist, it might help or Sulekha.com. Its easier to find flatmates for female than male. So you should not be worried on that front. As far as job is concerned you should first get used to the city and then go job hunting. there will be plenty of them but you would have to find the right one for yourself.

Good luck with your new life.

God Bless you.
Cheers!

Hey negi,

That was reallyyyy helpful thanks.

Hey Deepii,

Goregaon is a good place to be at plus it is definitely cheaper than in Andheri and Bandra. Also there is the Film City in Goregaon itself. There is a good chance you might get some work there.
        Also, for the first time, taxi(prepaid) is the best. But slowly you will have to get used to the bus and train system here else things might not fit your budget(am assuming you need to save money in the beginning).
       Anyway, welcome to Mumbai. All the best.

Hi,

One more question:

Is it easy finding a room where i can live as a paying guest near Goregaon West, near Mega Mall?

Thanks for all the help, oh & im moving to Mumbai in a few years, im trying to make a solid plan before i move there so i dont end up broke & homeless on the street.