Should I accept a job offer in Malaysia.

Hi Guys,

I am from Bangalore and working as Senior Systems Engineer in IT (having 5+ years of exp).

I got an offer of 11000 MYR (including Tax and no other allowances) per month in Malaysia - Penang with an organisation for their client Intel. 

I also have offers in India (Bangalore) with other MNC's and they are offering me 17-lacs - 18 lacs (including Tax, EPF and other deductions). My take home salary should be easily something Rs 1,00,000- Rs 1,20,000 lac per month after taxes.

My wife is also working here in IT and earns over 10 lacs per annum with a take home of around 60k per month.

In Bangalore - Overall, our expenses comes out to be around maximum - Rs50,000  per month with no major spendings. We don't have a car or house yet. This includes one of the mjor spendings as rent for a 2BHK rented apartment in which we are staying. 

I have been offered a salary in Malaysia : CTC is MYR - 1,32,000.00 (annual gross salary) -
Other Benefits are -
1. Visa – The Company provides for processing your' s and your dependent's Employment Pass
(Visa) along with a one time up and down travel, as long as you remain an employee.

2. Accommodation: Your initial 10 days accommodation will be provided the company.

3. Insurance Benefits: The Company provides the Insurance benefits for you (Employee) and your

family (Dependents – Spouse and dependent Children) in Malaysia.

 Life Insurance and Total Permanent Disability Insurance:

 Personal Accident Insurance.

 Medical Insurance (employee / spouse /dependent children)

o The general medical coverage

o Health Examination – One Annual health examination

 Maternity Benefit – For female married employees and female spouses.

 Dental insurance (employee / spouse

 Vision Insurance (For Employees)

I live a moderate life style in India and would follow the same in Penang - somewhat as follows:

1, Semi- Furnished 1 BHK or Condo (preferred near to work location - Penang)
2, My wife would like to work here in Malaysia too. She is an Quality assurance engineer with good experience in automation with latest tools like selenium and UFT.
3, We are going to do cooking on our own. Our major consumption is going to be dairy products + fruits + non-veg.
4, Visit India may be twice an year. 
5, Visit nearby south east Asian countries - in all 3-4 holidays budget per year in an around malaysia.
6, No Plans for kids. 

First I thought of to go with this offer having in mind that I might get other good opportunities once I'm there, but quite not sure how IT career growth there and how is it going to be for my wife.

I need to know, how exactly the tax is going to be calculated there too.

I've been reading the forum and come across different reviews, but still on dilemma which offer should go with and your suggestions are valuable on decision making.

Be in india.

Hi skbanakar,

Thanks for your reply.

How about if I ask them for reconsider the offer. How about an offer of something between 13-14k per month?

In India itself getting good... why u wann switch? If you want to travel organised nice trip to malaysia.17lac = almost 11K MYR....dont console yourself. If you really ...

Well, yeah. You are absolutely right. It's almost same salary in both places. Infact, in India i am getting above industry standards for my profile. 

The main intention of coming there is international exposure, and working with Intel as well.

I am just thinking about 2 years in future about getting opportunities there or in Singapore/ Hong Kong etc. Is it possible to do that?