Making phone calls in Belgium

Hi,

When settling in Belgium, one of the priorities is to be able to make phone calls.

How to proceed to get a landline installed in Belgium?

What are the mobile operators?

What is your average monthly budget?

Thank you in advance for sharing your experience,

Maximilien

Why Land Line only, we are having the Proximus for Internet connection at home and using wify for making the International calls. For Local usages we are using Mobile Vikings, It costs me 10 Euro per month. This gives us 500 MB of Mobile data, 500 SMS and 200 minutes of calling for Free. Other details are

€ 10 or v 10
€ 0.2 / min + 500 SMS + 500 MB
  € 15 or v 15
€ 0.15 / min + 2000 SMS + 2 GB
  € 25 or v 25
€ 0.125 / min + 3000 SMS + 3 GB
  € 50 or v 50
€ 0.05 / min + 5000 SMS + 5 GB

30 Euros per month for 100 GB internet from VOO.

I spend 15 Euros per month on my sim card from Proximus (90 minutes calling, 50 MB data, unlimited sms).

If anyone can suggest me a cheaper sim, I wouldn't mind switching :)

Have a look at Telenet. We have a fixed line which includes what they call 'FreePhone Europe'. Included in your monthly fee is unlimited calls to all Belgian fixed line numbers, after 16h00 and all weekend. On top of that also included is 2000 minutes to Belgian mobile numbers, all other numbers throughout Europe, USA and Canada as well as fixed lines in Turkey and Morocco, after 16h00 Belgian time and all weekend. All this for €21-70/month, and for an extra €7-50/month you can enjoy FreePhone Europe 24 hours 7 days a week.

Another useful Telenet feature is their mobile app 'Triiing'. After installing it for free on your mobile device you can use your Belgian Telenet landline from anywhere in the world. It is only for outgoing calls and will not engage your actual landline.

For other great deals such as King & Kong mobile and Homespot/Hotspot if you have Telenet internet at home, check out www.telenet.be

nailpainter wrote:

30 Euros per month for 100 GB internet from VOO.

I spend 15 Euros per month on my sim card from Proximus (90 minutes calling, 50 MB data, unlimited sms).

If anyone can suggest me a cheaper sim, I wouldn't mind switching :)

Telenet 'King' first month free, thereafter €15 for 150 minutes, 10 000 sms's and 1 gig mobile internet.

Are those prices for phone calls to the US or just in Belgium? This question was for Hiamresh!   Reading "Another Sean"'s comment makes me think telenet is the way to go!? and for mobile phone ???? do you get a phone of choice for signing a contract? Here, every time you renew your 2 years contract you get a free or close to free I phone or Android of choice.