New members of Singapore forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Nana Nyarko wrote:

Hi I am a staff nurse from Ghana. am 30yrs old and very hardworking, innovative and dedicated to duty. it is my wish and dream to work outside Ghana preferably Singapore and I hipe you can help me as to how I have to go with my moves by approaching my dreams. thank you

You are lucky: There is a shortage of nurses in Singapore and foreigners are readily hired, especially if they speak one or more Asian languages (Chinese, Malay, Tamil).
You should first check whether your nursing certificate is recognised by MoM and MoH.
If so, you can start sending job applications to hospitals. They also sometimes have walk-in interviews, so it would be good to arrange a visit to Singapore to attend those.
Good luck!

I am Yunice, a Malaysian working in Singapore
Am pleased to be here , feel free to drop me a message !! :)

Hello Yunice :)
Nice to meet you :)

I'm a MBA and chartered accountant of Institute of Singapore chartered accountants and Malaysia institute of Accountants. I am familiar with regulatory requirements for doing business in these two countries and have more than 20 years of experience in professional services, commerce and industries.

I would be delighted to help in your new business setup or provide accounting and business services.

Hi, I am Frank, currently in Ghana. I am preparing to travel to singapore. But I dont know anybody there. I need more information.

Hi, I am Frank Mensah, I am highly motivated, energetic and compassionate person. I have secondary school certificate.. And working as a health worker in Ghana, under Ghana health service. But I like to do any work in singapore.

Frank Mensah: What kind of information do you need? Do you have a valid (and recognised in Singapore) certificate as health worker or nurse, or do you have a university degree? Without both, it will be difficult to find work in Singapore.

Hello welcome to Singapore :)

Hey there everyone!
I just finished my Bachelors in Environmental Science from Pakistan and moved to Singapore. Looking for some fun activities to do here and make new friends since I don't know anyone here.
😁😁✌🏻️🇵🇰
#NewbieInSingapore

Hello Sarah, welcome to Singapore, I don't want to disappoint you but it's really boring here :D

Hello everyone! I came to Singapore more than a year ago, as an expat working in Civil Construction. At the beginning it was a bit stressful city, coming from Perth, Australia, which is almost like a village, the change was shocking! Now i very much enjoy my lifestyle here, i love this city, and i've got to know many people, both professionaly and socially. The other great advantage? travelling around Asia is sooo easy from here!

Eager to expand my networking and advise and help newbies in Singapore if i can!

I think this city is very exciting....and not boring AT ALL!! so many things to do.

Good luck everyone! :)

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your feedback, we really need ppl like you around to spread positive energy. I'm sure that it is super boring for me because I used to expat life in Bangalore and loud life in Cairo.

Here I do nothing but working or preparing to work (weekend style) sometimes I go out with colleagues which is considered as team outing.

Hope that others get a better experience and hope that time pass very fast for me :)

Once again, thank you.

Hello everyone

Welcome on board all new members.

Just to point out here that this thread is only for the introduction of new members. If you need infos or want to share and connect with members you will have to create a new topic on the Singapore forum.

Direct link here : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

All the best,
Bhavna

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : off topic + please start a new thread on the forum if you have any question.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi Kelli,

Welcome to Singapore. I am a local and i will be honored to be your friend. :)

Looking forward for your reply. Have a good week ahead.

Cheers,

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : please start a new topic on the forum with your question
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hiya,

I've been based in SG on and off for the past 3 years. I'm presently based in Derby in the UK but am back next week.

I would like to meet like minded expats to hang out with and see how we get along and share experiences.

I do believe that there are no strangers in the world .. Only friends we're yet to meet!

Cheers

Yes yes yes let's meet up :)

Hi I'm Aaron,
I'm Singaporean. I wanna meet czech friends in singapore who are working here  or  a permanent resident here. Id like to learn about their culture and  language  perhaps . My girlfriend of 5 months is from Czech Republic.  So Id kinda wanna know if I can impress her with  being  aquainted with people from Czech. Im gonna be seeing her only every 4 to 6 months so at least.I can utilise that time to  learn more .

Hi Aaron,

I also had a Czech girlfriend, many moons ago. It's an interesting little country at the fringe of the EU.
I doubt that there are many Czech people in Singapore, but you may search the forum member list at https://www.expat.com/en/network/asia/singapore/ or contact the Czech consulate at #41- 00 Millenia Tower.
You can also look for Slovaks, who speak basically the same language (slightly different dialect) and have much the same culture.
Good luck!

Hi Sara,

Singapore is a good place to be, so, welcome.

There are a lot of young Pakistanis here, but I would suggest not to restrict yourself. There are places like Clarke Quay and Holland Village which offer a good night life experience.

Lots of good places for day time fun as well, but am sure you'll find those.

Have fun while you're here.

Cheers

Hi Beppi,
Thanks alot buddy.Will let yiu know if I find some good friends there .Cheers mate.

Hi there,

Managed to move to USA?

Bhavna wrote:

Hello everyone

Welcome on board all new members.

Just to point out here that this thread is only for the introduction of new members. If you need infos or want to share and connect with members you will have to create a new topic on the Singapore forum.

Direct link here : https://www.expat.com/forum/post.php?fi … mp;lang=en

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi all
My name is Melika, I will be staying in Singapore for a couple of weeks. Hope to meet some of you before going back to Tunisia. Feel free to get in touch :) 
Best,

Hello,

My name is Sylvain, I started working in Singapore.
I'm looking for people to hangout / go out with.
If anyone is playing tennis, gold or waking among others ? :)

Cheers

pls I an a nurse I want to come and work. can you help me

Nana Nyarko wrote:

pls I an a nurse I want to come and work. can you help me

Did you read my replies to your two previous messages with similar contant?
If you followed the advice I gave, what were the results?
Do you have any more specific question about finding a job as nurse in Singapore?

beppi I can't speak any of the languages apart from English. again how to I confirm if my nursing certificate will be accepted by MOM and Moh. lastly I learnt unless I pay a huge sum of money to be able to secure a job there

You should check with MoH if your nursing degree is recognised. Possibly you have to attend some aditional classes before you can work in Singapore, but they will tell you the details.
You do not need to pay anything to find a job in Singapore. Who told you this?

Hey I am Qalb.. Orignally from Pakistan.. Living and working here in Singapore for more than 1.5 years,
I love Singapore alot but not my job so i am applying for a new and looking for a new Job,
last but not least i spend all time alone here but seems i need friends now so most welcome and message me if you want,

Hi, my name is Anna. I have a few friends working in starhub as Java developer. I work as java developer too for a company in Shenton way. I have just moved to Singapore for a month.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553914

Thanks! 

Closed