New members of Norway forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Norway forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Norway if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Norway forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Hei,
I moved to Oslo on Wednesday last week (4 days ago) after a year spent in Stockholm as a graduate student. Before that I lived for a year in Lisbon, 1.5 years in Dublin, 2 years in England and 1 year in Uppsala. Left Romania in 2008.
I'm a software engineer at a multinational.

Hei all  ,
I am a new member in this. My name is Arpita .I´m from India.  I moved to Norway about a year and a half ago to Fredrikstad ,Norway. My husband´s Norwegian , here on a family reunification. I spend most of my time here between norskurrs and home. Back in India I was working as an ESL/ TEFL teacher ... Have not been residing in India for a while now though .. Before i came to Norway i was teaching English in China and Thailand ...

I am also a Meditation facilitator. I teach and conduct meditation therapy workshops for groups, individuals and corporate companies.

So it is quit a journey :)  Am interested to connect with events companies and individuals who would like to organise meditation camps and workshops...
Thanks , Arpita . :)

Hi, My name is Kevin. I spent my childhood moving around, due to my parents' job. I have lived in Germany, Vancouver, San diego, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Taiwan and England. I am a German citizen and I am now residing in Norway. I am working as a bartender, but I don't get enough shift to earn some decent money. I plan on going to a Norwegian course to expend my job search. I was nearly done with my bachelor degree in hotel and restaurant management, but I didn't finish, unfortunately. I speak Fluent German, English and Chinese. If any of you have some advice or any suggestion on where to find a job and how, I would very much appreciate it.

Thank you.

Hi everybody! I'm arony and a newbie here. I am planning to move in Norway with my Norwegian husband.  :)

I'm here to learn about life in Norway as an american expatriate. I'd like to compare it to other countries in the region such as Sweden and Iceland so I can begin choosing a language to practice. My primary focus points will be:
1.Comparing health care systems
I have cerebral palsy and use a manual wheelchair here in the U.S. The healthcare system here is very problematic when trying to obtain and repair equipment. Also, a lot could be done for me in regard to physical therapy and other forms of treatment that the government deems too expensive to help finance.

2. Comparing university costs and post graduate degree options
I'm not very far along in my education but by the time I've saved enough money to stay abroad and learned a functional grasp of the language, I should have a bachelor's degree in anthropology or at least be close to graduating. I want to specialze in areas we would term "scandinavian studies" here in the U.S. There are currently only two universities in my state (UCLA, U.C. Berkley) which offer such a degree. Both would require relocating to very expensive areas and attending particularly expensive schools, and the specific degrees offered are very basic, broad and general. For example, I could relocate to Berkley, attend UC berkley, and graduate with a degree in Norwegian. Technically I would earn a degree in scandinavian studies, and not learned anything useful to me as an anthropologist aside from a second language. Whereas in Norway, I could simply learn norwegian while earning a much more specific degree, such as viking history or something esle much more specific to my interests. So I may need to learn to budget myself as a student and I need to learn the practical realities of maintaining a valid residential permit.

3. Public Transportation
As I've mentioned, I'm disabled, may be a student while abroad, and will need to maintain employment, so public transportation is a very important thing to me. I keep hearing about how european countries are much more efficient and practical about it than we are here in the U.S. so I'd like to learn from people who take to and from work and school what it's like compared to the transportation in major california cities like LA, San Francisco and the surrounding bay area, etc. and people who depend on the transportation in Norway to live their daily lives as opposed to just for tourism.

Hei! I'm a new member here :) I'm from Philippines and currently living in Norway for more than 2 years now. I'm living with my Norwegian fiance and planning to get married hopely this end of the year. We're expecting a baby early next year :)

I've been on the site a while, but not posted much in the forum. From the UK and living in Moss.

Hello,
A newbie here, living in Stavanger  :gloria
I am Angela from Romania, nice to meet you all  :dumbom:

Hello, my name is Khen. Living in Trondheim, Originally from Philippines. I am new here. 
I Wish everyone a beautiful day.... :)

Hello, Umair here. Will be landing on Sunday in Oslo!   :) Was living in Qatar and am from Guildford, Surrey, UK. Very interesting to go from 45C to 0C.  :D

Hi! My name is Mari and i live in Trondheim, Norway.. As of now i go to school so that i can learn how to speak norwegian..😄😄😄 i hope everybody is ok..:)

My name is chenenus Gelana Gutu
I have Bsc degree on Electrical Engineering on industrial control specialization and i went to do my project on controling Engineering respect to industrial controlling mechanisim.

Hi everyone,
My name is Shubhaangi. I am a Law graduate from India, and currently an Assistant Professor of Law in India. I am looking forward to be able to move to Norway either for a Master's course or a Job, to be able to live closer to my Norwegian bf/fiancée.
Nice to get to know you all :)
have a good good day :D.

Hi my name is Ria Bautista from Philippines, im working here in oslo Norway more than a year as an Aupair, i was thinking if i could find i work after my contract of being Aupair, even if i cant speak fluent in Norsk, i took only Level 1. Im very flexible person, any kind of Job i could take as long as i can stay here in Norway, i loves kids be with them is a great time, im looking a kind of job like assistant in barnahagen, kitchen assistant, production and packing, working in a restaurant like cleaner or server, in a pubs or cafeterias..

Hello everyone,

Welcome on board  :)

@ Ria bautista, better you drop an advert in the Jobs in Oslo section of the website so as to get an opportunity.

Let us keep the new members thread only for introductions.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi,

I am Nandha, moved from Chennai, India. I am here on work permit and you can contact me if any help required in moving to Norway from India on Work permit, do let me know.

Regards,
Nandha

hi everyone.im a journeyman electrician and m seeking advice on how best i can get a job in norway as an electrician.i plan on acquiring new experience and technology in engineering.i also hope to enroll for further studies in electrical engineering.

Hi everyone... I'm about to move to Tonsberg, Norway next week with my Norwegian husband. I'm Canadian and already see so many similarities between Norway and Newfoundland (my home province in Canada). We are currently living in Ahmedabad (almost 3 yrs now), but I have also lived in Saudi Arabia (3 yrs) and South Korea (1 year). I'm hoping to find suitable work in Tonsberg area. If anyone has any leads or suggestions, I'd love to hear them. I have approx 20 years business management experience and 4 years ESL teaching experience....... but I have worked at a lot of different kinds of jobs so I'm really open to anything suitable. I look forward to making new friends via this site.... Michelle

Hi,
I arrived at Oslo, Norway a week ago. I would like to connect with interesting people. Please say hi when you see me on the street. You can recognize me by my back pack, with a poster,"She is a Buddhist, He is a Viking" on it.
Take
Michelle deMor Cai

Being a newbie in Norway, you can learn a lot of information about Norwegian culture and society from this channel: facebook.com/noricac.channel.
The newest TV show has been released about Norwegian culture and being foreigners in Norway. You can watch it at the link below:
youtube.com/watch?v=Nx9MaWEbUJQ

I am Fasil  from Africa .I am humanitrian worker.now i want to be expat employee any one who can fullfill my dream plse contact me.
many thanks.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553903

Thanks! 

Closed