New members of Kenya forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2015

Newbie on Kenya forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Kenya if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

P.S : The thread
New members of Kenya forum, introduce yourself here – 3rd quarter of 2015 continues below!

Am currently working with Kuku Foods Company(TZ)ltd (KFC) which I joined after graduating my diploma in International hotel and Catering Management  from Musoma Utalii Collage in Musoma Tanzania.This was after attending my primary and secondary school education from Kenya,and worked in two different hotels in Mwanza Tanzania before finding my position in KFC. Following the fact that I had been to Kenya for long and liked the country I feel it better if I got a place and worked there. Having good experience in hotel and restaurant jobs,its my wish that I find a hotel job in Kenya and work there.

Hello Chacha E.Mwita,

Welcome on board  :)

This thread is only for the introduction of members. As you are looking for job, please drop an advert in the appropriate section of the website : Hotel, catering, bar, restaurant and tourism jobs in Kenya

Best of luck,
Bhavna

Am cecilia currently working at one University in Kenya as an administrative assistant. i have diploma in Management(Business mgt option).  i have passion in money lendering business. in 2012 i had a business in money lendering where i was targeting women. empowering them on how to start small business. at first i trained them and give them small amount to start business at low interest but it didnt work out well since i didnt have enough resources to continue.  my idea ws to start a SACCO.  still to day i have the dream. i would want to have some patners to achieve my dream

Hi my Name is Jan Booysen and I have more then 10 years construction and maintenance experience.I am still young and want to work aboard. I don't really see a good future for me in South Africa. Can anybody please help me to get work in Kenya.

.Many thanks.

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : For own security measures, please do not share personal contact infos on the forum, you could use our private message system for that.

hello,my name is kato from Kampala Uganda,am currently working in one of the biggest hotels in Kampala Uganda, am looking for a hotel job in Nairobi kenya as Guest Room Attendant, i have worked in this position for 3 years now.i would love to relocate to kenya because kenya has the best hospitality industry in East Africa and the best hotels as well in the East African region, secondary i have friends in kenya and i have to Nairobi more often

Hello and Greetings. My name is Amin. I am from the USA having lived abroad for many years. My profession is Business Management and accounting although l wear may hats with experience in Real Estate, Escrow, Mediation- both social and economical, financing, planning wealth management, trading in the stock market etc. I love travelling, playing tennis, and making some new friends. I am very creative, love challanges, debates. dialogues etc. I live in Nairobi. I love Kenya. I remember Jomo Kenyatta always encouraging people to work hard, "Harambee".  Lets all live peacefully, honestly, credibly and above all in harmony. God Bless Kenya and the Wanainchi.

Hello all :cheers:

For info , several posts have been removed from this thread.

This thread is solely for presentation of new members to the Kenya forum.

Publicity and promotion of services is strictly not allowed.

We have several sections to host any adverts you may have :

> Jobs offers in Kenya

> Housing in Kenya

> Kenya Classifieds

Regards
Kenjee

I am New on this forum but an expat in kenya for about three years . I thought I will share my views and learn from others.

Welcome to Kenya. Where are you from and what do you do? Do you live in Nairobi? How do you like it up here? I am from the USA and have been here for a short while. The cost of living in Kenya is quite high. Gasoline, grocery, medicals, are very expensive. Rents to are very high but the good part is that hiring a driver and a maid is quite inexpensive and is more of a luxury. Keep in touch. Have a wonderful weekend.

Thanks. I am from Pakistan , work in healthcare related industry . Will remain in touch, nice to know .

Hi,am Joel Njuguna.i don't have any college or university to show but I have a 6 year driving license valid for driving trucks.i am however a private pilot student also.

welcome to kenya

I am relocating back home from seattle after almost twenty years. My American husband is pretty apprehensive about the whole move. He would like to read some opinions and ideas from fellow Americans who have lived there a while.

I have lived in Seattle for 30+ years. It is the most beautiful city and has been ranked in the Top 10 cities in the USA for many years.So long as you don't mind the cloudy days and a little rain, it is the best city. It is great for family, education, has some of the best places to visit like the San Juan Islands, The Peninsula, Mount Rainier, Mount St Helens etc., the beautiful City of Vancouver-Just north of Seattle, the City of Victoria with the Great Butchart Gardens, etc.  Adjusting to the life style in Kenya after living in Western world is very difficult and not only that, it is a total different life style. This is my honest opinion. I am sorry that this is not what you wanted to hear; but the facts speak for itself. The opportunities in the USA are a thousand fold than in Kenya. Finally, it is you who has to make the decision. This is just my opinion and experience. The economy, the infra structure, and many other areas are challanging. It may be a good idea to visit and stay here for 3-6 months and get a first hand experience for yourself. Yoyu never know. You might love it or you may want to go back.  Whatever, I wish you all the very best. Keep in mind, the cost of living in Kenya is as or more expensive than living in the USA.

Hello everyone,
  :)
My name is COCO, I work for Amanbo--The First Sino-Africa E-commerce Platform in China, but my company has many operation center in Africa, maybe I wil go to Africa for work later, especially Kenya, because our platform has an cooperation with Kenya National Chamber Of Commerce And Industry (KNCCI) now and one of our showrrom will be open in Kenya operation center at the end of this month, I hope I  can have a chance to attend this great event!

Hello all, 
my name is Tina Ricci. I was born here in Kenya,  my grandparents came after the 2nd world war and settled here in Kenya.
I have worked in and out of kenya.  I am a single parent, my fiancé died in a car accident.  My parent's have been great but I would like to make my on way and have had a long struggle with schooling.  I come to the conclusion that all the school s I have seen are very expensive, so this got me thinking that I should try to open a cottage school in my home. I hope to open my doors in January for primary school children to come and join my son. I think it would be fun for the children,  I have combined British and European curriculums together to offer a wider range of topics and fun. The school will also cater for expats who are about to leave kenya and dont want to pay a whole terms fee...***
Sincerely
Tina

Moderated by Christine 8 years ago
Reason : Free advertisement is not allowed on the forum. You should register your school in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Reason : No business related adverts are authorised on the forum. Please drop an advert in the Classifieds section section

Good afternoon,
so sorry I really - i didnt realize....
Ok my name is tina, am single mother of 1 child and I was born in kenya from Italian parents.
I work in westlands and am here for friend ship as well as wanting to meet other single mums who are struggling like me.
Regards
Tina

am female 22yrs can i have the maid job ** and myhusband is a driver has alicences

Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum. You may use our private message system for that

Am looking for a job qulifications 4m4 leaver **

Reason : Please do not share phone numbers on the forum. You may use our private message system for that

Hae, am Florence kenyan by birth.i am looking for a job as a house help/nanny/cook.i have 12 years of experience in this field since I have worked for 3 houses in loresho,runda and Karen. My services were greatly appreciated since I could multi task and was much flexible and could work without supervision, only that they were from foreign countries so sad they had to leave the country at certain periods. Am readily available and have references of my previous jobs.incase of any vacancy contact me***

Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen. My name is James, a citizen of kenya but returned recently after teaching south sudanese for 9yrs. I like to make friends and to show them what i know. I can show you how to retouch photos using photoshop and say put a new background, remove age marks, add items not in your photo or remove undesired ones, add warming effects, name it. I can also show you how to formulate a number of products such as soaps and detergents, medicinal lotions for skin infection etc. (Am qualied in applied chemistry). Am a bit idle at present and any offer for some work is very welcome. ***
Thank you

Very interesting read and what an experience you have had of Kenya. It is a beautiful country if you admire nature.
Good luck in everything you are doing.

Hi...

My Name is kapileshwar... I am from India

I am planning to join an assignment in Mombasa from Jan...

Would like to be in touch with other expats for support in settling in Kenya.

Thanks..

Hi All,

My names are Kevin Maina, 28 years old.

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please resgister in the business directory if you are a professional : Real estate in Kenya

Hey my name is Serah-Maria, I live in Nairobi

Hi My name is Andy, I am currently live in the US and interest doing business in Kenya. I am interest in your business ideas and your experience doing business in Kenya which prompt me to writing this email.. Would you interest little more details what are you looking for?  i am interest listen all the opportunities.

Best Regards,

Andy

Email: xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please exchange contact details via private messaging.

Hello everyone

Welcome on board  :)

@ Andy, to whom is your post intended to ?

There are several members on this thread. Furthermore, you will get better chances of getting a reply if you create a new topic on the Kenya forum as this thread is only meant for the introduction of new members.

All the very best
Bhavna

Hi members, I joined this forum today. I am an Ethiopian living in Nairobi. It looks like a good community.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=553893

Thanks! 

Closed