Interview in Bahrain

I will be flying up to Bahrain for an interview in Oct.

Some questions hoping you guys can comment:

1. Would agents entertain me if I were to arrange for house viewing? My wife and I would like to have a sensing of the housing quality and overall "feel" of living in Bahrain.

2. Planning to maybe visit st chris school to find out more about schooling matters. Would be great if we can meet anyone here for a drink in a cafe. My wife will be a trailing spouse with kids and would definitely want to find out how is it like living in Bahrain (she is concern about safety for women and also feel that it could get boring without much to do especially when the kids are in school)

Any comments? Much appreciated 😊

Hello SG1980 :)

I suggest you browse the different sections of the forum by 'Forum Categories' to gather lots of information about Bahrain.

Sections such as Everyday Life as well as Children or Schools & Studies will prove really helpful.

Regards
Kenjee

All i can say is that if my husband called me a trailing spouse .... He'd know

When would you be planning on moving over here, and how old are your children?  The British curriculum schools are operating waiting lists so it is worth looking at more than one (we looked at and applied to both The British School of Bahrain and St Christophers).  We chose for me and my son to remain in the UK until a school place was there for him since we did not want to be changing schools too many times.

My son and I moved out here in April and I can happily say we are enjoying ourselves here.  We have made friends easily and find Bahrain to be a safe place to live (even if the driving is 'interesting' after being used to the UK!!).  There is a lot to do around, though it can be a case of making efforts to meet people and find what you are interested in.  You can be as busy as you want here.

I hope that this helps you and your wife.

All the best

S

MummyT wrote:

When would you be planning on moving over here, and how old are your children?  The British curriculum schools are operating waiting lists so it is worth looking at more than one (we looked at and applied to both The British School of Bahrain and St Christophers).  We chose for me and my son to remain in the UK until a school place was there for him since we did not want to be changing schools too many times.

My son and I moved out here in April and I can happily say we are enjoying ourselves here.  We have made friends easily and find Bahrain to be a safe place to live (even if the driving is 'interesting' after being used to the UK!!).  There is a lot to do around, though it can be a case of making efforts to meet people and find what you are interested in.  You can be as busy as you want here.

I hope that this helps you and your wife.

All the best

S

Thanks S
I am trying to ask for a move in feb 2016. I don't think I can get a school place so soon. As such my wife and children will be in Singapore until the school placement is confirmed

Thanks for sharing your experience. Glad to hear you are enjoying your stay 😊

Hello, just an update since my earlier post. I was in Bahrain for a week and it is indeed a beautiful country with very warm people. Enjoyed my stay.

Special thanks to those from the forum who helped me out prior and during my visit.

:)