Work residency- can my wife work if i sponsor her residency?

Hello
I am moving to Abu Dhabi and will work on getting the residency for my wife. If she gets the residency due to my sponsorship, can she work directly in AD? Or she needs to have a new sponsorship from her new employer?

Thanks

Hi ma23,
In my work i have colleagues working on them husbands sponsorship so, i think some jobs require a new sponsorship and another ones don't.
Cheers

It is possible. But the best option is to change her visa since you don't have to bother about the expenses like insurance and all

So no need to have a clearence to be done again if she finds a job? Knowing that the insurance of myself and my family is covered by the employer

Thanks

ma23 wrote:

So no need to have a clearence to be done again if she finds a job? Knowing that the insurance of myself and my family is covered by the employer

Thanks

There is no legal issues, she can work. In that case, her employer need to pay the only the charges  for her work permit. I mean, they don't want to pay for visa submission and insurance. You can assume, her benefits may be varied since she is not be working under company visa.