Looking for a job! Please help!

Hi,

I am yet to arrive in Vietnam but I am about to follow my boyfriend (he has a new job in Ho Chi Mihn).

I am originally from England and have spent the past 2 years working abroad, working for a year in a 5* hotel in Egypt, working with children in Italy and now I'm currently in Slovenia.

Preferably I would like a job in customer service, hotel/ restaurant/ teaching. I do not have any teaching qualifications but I know it is easy enough to complete TEFL, would I be able to take the course in Vietnam?

Do you have any tips for me in my job hunt?

I have been searching online and not really come across many possibilities. How are my chances in finding work once I arrive?

Thank you to anyone who can help me :)

Hello,

Unfortunately i don't have any answers for you as i'm in the same position (not following my boyfriend, but looking for TEFL work)

But if i find anything i'll pass it on, for sure.

Sam.

Thank you Sam :)

Are you currently in Vietnam? Did you manage to obtain a working visa easily?

Your great help is your boyfriend  :)
Post your resume in online job sites.
Read online and offline classifieds.
Good luck!

In your case, I will search for English schools at HCM and send them a resume (or maybe they offer jobs on their home pages). Being native speaker and having experience with kids, I think you will find something soon. I think that there is a big demand for native English teachers.

Hey,

I hear that when you do get a job the employer helps you sort your work visa/pays for it. I'm currently on a tourist visa (well I will be when I arrive on the 4th Nov)

hi,
There are alots of 5 ***** hotel in HCM where your friend working, hope that you can fine the job there

You can search for information relating to ILA which is an English Teaching Center in Ho Chi Minh City. They are looking for foreigners to be teachers. You can send an email and ask them whether you can supplement other teaching certificate (TESOL) afterwards or not. I have some friends who are at similar cases as yours.

Wish you best luck!!!

Thank you so much :) x

Moderated by Bhavna 8 years ago
Reason : Please post an advert in the following section : Language teacher jobs in Ho Chi Minh City
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Zara, I paid about $ 465 for my 6 months re-entry B Visa. $ 365 up front and the rest on arrival.

Chris

Moderated by kenjee 8 years ago
Reason : Please do not share email address and promote your institution on the forum. You may register yourself in the Business Directory
Zara Foster wrote:

Thank you Sam :)

Are you currently in Vietnam? Did you manage to obtain a working visa easily?

It's not hard to obtain a visa in Vietnam. If you come here to look for a job. I think you should apply for tourist visa. Cuz you don't have pay to much for that. But if you get a business visa. You have to pay for double price. But after that If you find a good job here, your company should take care of your visa for you.

You can com vietnamwork.com or lina jobstreet...this website will easily to look for job in viet nam

hs0zfe wrote:

Zara, I paid about $ 465 for my 6 months re-entry B Visa. $ 365 up front and the rest on arrival.

Chris

Why did you have to pay a lot for 6 months Business. You know what, if you wanna get a 1 year visa, you will pay $685.

Moderated by Julien 8 years ago
Reason : advertising your services is not allowed on the forum - please register in the business directory, thanks
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Best of luck with the English center, but considering the numerous mistakes in your text  I can't see many people rushing to sign up for courses.
Nothing personal.  :)

My VN GF just caught me spelling the word "sad" with two "d's" and I'm an English teacher too. Lighten up man, nobody is perfect ... I'm just saying.

drutter wrote:

My VN GF just caught me spelling the word "sad" with two "d's" and I'm an English teacher too. Lighten up man, nobody is perfect ... I'm just saying.

:)   Quite right drutter.   I really didn't mean to be harsh....

drutter wrote:

Use spell cheque softwear and their will be no further problems. :D

I love spell check and rely on it too much but, unfortunately, it doesn't work on Skype.

I'm going to be arriving in HCMC on January 12, 2016. Where is Vinh City located? Is it nearby HCMC?

Hello Tracy

If I contacted you in reference to an online job it was completely by accident and I do apologize for bothering you. I thought it was a traditional classroom job.

I am just not that technical savvy on the computer. I feel much more comfortable in the traditional classroom environment, but, nonetheless,  thank you for considering me for the position. 

Sincerely,
Dan

vinh is located in the north-central of Vietnam. It's far from HCMC about 1500km. Far from Ha noi Capital city about 300km

You should search "international school in Vietnam" for their website and come to the part of recruitment to see if they are recruiting.
If you want to teach, you should have experience in teaching and teaching certificate.
A lot of English centres are looking for English teacher. Just search the google for the contact of English centre in Vietnam/ ho chi minh city.
Hope it helps.

Hi, we are looking for some candidate whom has experience in F&B work for our upcoming project in March 2016. The project is located in District 1, HCMC.

If you are interested to find out more information. Please provide us an email for more details.

Thank you

Tam Tran

Hello everybody,

@ Tam Tran, welcome on board  :) I suggest you drop an advert in the jobs dedicated section of the website : Jobs in Vietnam and provide the requirements so that interested members can easily contact you.

All the best
Bhavna