Expatriate switching job without leaving Malaysia

Hi, need to know urgently. I am hr in company A and recently one of my expatriate colleague is going to resign and his last day is 30 Oct 2015. However his new company requested us to cancel his EP now so they can proceed to apply for new EP. May I know what should I do regarding to the expatriate colleague income tax?What are the procedures for his tax clearance?what form should I fill in and submit to LHDN and in the mid time of doing tax clearance can i proceed to cancel his EP?

I changed two company within malaysia. If expat choose to join within malaysia then no need to work on IT(incom tax). Only he need to get No objection certificate from current employer to get his new EP.

Hi skbanakar, is the no objection certificate same as release letter? Thanks

Yes, Release letter / no objection note in it saying " We are happy to relieve and no concern to join in any other organisations within malaysia ". May be expat need one copy in Malayu.

Expat point of view.

1. Before his / her resignation offer letter and full confirmation must get from future company.
2. Based on offer letter commitment Expat must request current company to cancel EP end of service date+1month.
    (1 month extra time required for future company to get new EP).
3. same Income tax no. should be continued for filing IT. Expat must follow up to get EA form from current company.