Work entrance visa

Hello,

I am coming to Abu Dhabi on work entrance visa. My company told me that i just need to pass passport control and that they will keep original visa with them, and they will use it for obtaining residence once i get there. But i was reading on forums, that you need to collect original entry visa. Is that true?

Yes. It's true. They might have dropped your visa at the airport. You can collect it from there and they will stamp your date of entry and emigration seal on your passport and visa. You need to submit both at your company because they have to stamp your visa on your passport after the completion of your visa medical checkup. (Your HR might have given you a scanned copy of visa through mail)

So my company need to bring original visa on airport?

Yes.

Yes i have scanned copy of my visa. They told me to enter with scanned copy and there will be no issue. They will keep original with them. I am confused. Should i insist for them to bring my visa on airport?

stevenexpat wrote:

Yes i have scanned copy of my visa. They told me to enter with scanned copy and there will be no issue. They will keep original with them. I am confused. Should i insist for them to bring my visa on airport?

You don't have to worry about it. You can travel by using the print out of it. And if they are stamping on the print-out, that will be your original document for visa stamping.

Ok, thank you. You made my day :)

stevenexpat wrote:

Ok, thank you. You made my day :)

You are welcome :)