Can I be banned from Costa Rica for this?

Many years ago, when I was a very young man, I was arrested for domestic battery (I fought my cousin, as we always did, but his new girlfriend called the police on me). I pled no contest and judification was withheld. Would I be denied citizenship for this?

Would I need to have it erased from my record, or would that even matter?

Thanks in advance.

"Expanded List of Felonies that automatically disqualify a residency application:
The list of criminal convictions for crimes that automatically disqualify a person from applying for Costa Rican residency, regardless of how old the conviction is,  now includes the following major crimes (felony convictions – partial list):  Murder; trafficking in illegal drugs/narcotics; trafficking in human beings; trafficking in weapons or explosives; sexual crimes against minors, the elderly or the disabled; domestic violence; membership in certain designated gangs or in organized crime; etc."

www.residencyincostarica.com/questions.html

Thank you very much for this.

Included in this link is a list of felonies that would disqualify a person for citizenship. I was never convicted, and it would have been a misdemeanor anyway. So I assume I am in the clear?

Sorry, I can't answer this. You would need to contact a lawyer.

You have to have a clean FBI report, so go get one and see if you pass. Then you'll have your answer. It will probably cost less than an lawyer.