Moving to Sweden short term, wife is pregnant

Hi, I have been offered a temporary position in Sweden for 6 months after xmas but my wife is due to give birth in March.  The job is through a UK company so I will be paid via the UK and will pay UK tax.  The job offers all expenses paid included accomodation so I will not even need a Swedish bank account.  My question is will my wife be able to come with me and give birth in Sweden? Any advice on this would be much appreciated?

Hello Mickey11

Be carefull about your stay. If you do not want to pay your income tax in Sweden you must make sure that you exactly on the day 1 day less then half year in Sweden. Swedish law.

In Sweden we take care of everybody that gets sick or have a condition regardless if they are citizens or not, visitors or not, refugees or whatever status. However, your new son/daugther will not enjoy the benefit of dual citizenship only because she would be born in Sweden.

Good luck,
M

Hi

In sweden we have differnt system for a pregnant women
18th week there will be a scan, During the scan they will measure the baby's brain,bones and etc and they will tell you whether it's normal or not. also they will tell the gender. after that there wont be any scan and here we have to consult mid wife and they will give you all the details.
If you come here with your wife, bring all the medical reports, If the mother is positive Blood group and baby is negative then we need to put the injuction during 30th week. Your mid wife will give you the appoinment and she will guide you in all the aspects.
As soon as come here get the personal number for you and your wife. You need to show the passport with valid work permit to get the personal number. The medical records will be stored centrally and the personal number will be the Unique number to track.You can avail all the medical facility in free of cost eventhough you are not paying tax here.
But among all It should be your wife's decession to come here or not. If there is some extra support it will be great. Consider all the things before taking you wife here.
Consult Doctor about your wife;s travel and she is fit to travel or not.

All the best

Hello and welcome to Expat.com garansr,

Thanks for your input, it is surely very useful.

Best regards
Arlette