KAEC - Housing and schooling options

Hi Fellows,

I am considering an offer from Rabigh and would learn about little more about housing and schooling options. I heard a good deal about King Abdullah Economic City as the preferred place for expats, I was wondering if anyone on this forum can share insight into;

a) Cost of a 3 bed room flat or a villa
b) Cost of Western Schools
c) Cost of a large SUV/Truck i.e. Toyota Sequoia or GMC Yukon

Also, It would be cool to hear a recent experience on the Move to Rabigh?

Best wishes-

Hi The Falcon,

I will invite you to please check out the discussions on the Cost of living in Jeddah for more information :)

You can check the Housing in Jeddah section as well and there's prices available which might help you to know the average prices for houses  :)

Thank you

Maximilien

Thanks for a prompt reply and direction. After a quick glance, I saw most of the contents are for Jeddah, what about KAEC?

a) Cost of a 3 bed room flat or a villa
b) Cost of Western Schools
c) Cost of a large SUV/Truck i.e. Toyota Sequoia or GMC Yukon

There is not a lot of information as many have not moved into that area yet as it is still being built. What has opened is apartments not villas. Really unsure of schools, maybe go back to the company and see if they can give you information or at least a contact there

Good idea, I have the employer for recommendations as well.

The school Weston school you will find are in Jeddah? Kaec only has a Saudi International school.

Please look in Jeddah.

The international school within KAEC is "The World Academy" (GEMS School) operated by the Varkey Foundation in the region. They have schools from India to the Middle East and have a very good reputation for their academics and professional operations. My daughter has been teaching English at TWA for two years and lives in KAEC now.