Does 1 year expiry passport date effect 2 year work permit issuance???

Hello Guys,  I may come here in Bahrain for two years project. I have submitted my passport for work permit. My passport expiry date is Nov 2015. This means only like one year left in it to expire.

So the question is will the expiry date of 1 year of my passport will effect/cause problem in issuance of work permit of 2 years or cause any problem in visa? If secondly, work permit will be issued on it will i can be able to transfer it easily on my new passport?

Thanks

Hi mak,

I didn't see any problem in your case.Just renew your passport & that's it. I saw couple of times that the old passport is being attached to the new passport for the fact that the visa were stamped in the old one.

Cheers.

Hello,

as LhuLu explained, its a simple procedure of applying for a renewal of a passport first and then you can ask your HR/PRO to move your work permit (sticker) to the new passport (should happen within 3 working days, usually)

T&R

November 2015 does not mean One year. Only 2 moths to go in November.
But if you have November 2016. There will be no problem even if you have a six months valid passport you can get it.

yea thanks for all replies. And yea emmysha by mistake 2015 got written by me. It is Nov 2016.