Decent Salary Amount for CA in muscat with 4 yrs exp in India.

Hello All,

First of all thank you in advance for your revert/help for below mentioned quarries.

(1) What should be the decent salary for a CA with 4 years of work experience in India if is moving to Muscat with wife and 1 year daughter. Please note company will provide 2 BHK  lavish fully furnished flat + Car with fuel + Utility charges + Medical + 30 days paid leave every year with air tickets. And also note currently i am getting in hand 1.10 lac pm in India.

(2) Average monthly cost: I think 200 riyal for food and entertainment. Am I right?

(3) What is the school cost. Please note company will reimburse only transportation charges for school.

(4) What about the job security in HUGE automobile group.

(5) Can my wife starts business from home or rent a commercial shop. Is there any luck to get job in muscat since she is B.com only with no experience.

Thank you.

Gaurav,
You already created a thread and many patiently answered. Now you have created new thread on same subject. Wish you had continued in the old thread.
Jobs for ladies is difficult unless it is CBSE teaching in Indian Schools. School charges could be up to 50 OMR per child.
Job security is good but no switching of jobs possible. All contracts are valid for 2 years only and have to be renewed.

Hi gauravjain,

Find my comments against your queries raised :

(1) What should be the decent salary for a CA with 4 years of work experience in India if is moving to Muscat with wife and 1 year daughter. Please note company will provide 2 BHK  lavish fully furnished flat + Car with fuel + Utility charges + Medical + 30 days paid leave every year with air tickets. And also note currently i am getting in hand 1.10 lac pm in India. - Not more than R.O. 1,000/- per month. Note, your experience is limited. The package you have mentioned is common. Not unusual. What you are earning now in India is immaterial.

(2) Average monthly cost: I think 200 riyal for food and entertainment. Am I right? - Depends on how much, or how little you would want to spend, really.

(3) What is the school cost. Please note company will reimburse only transportation charges for school. - If your daughter is 1-year old where is the question of her schooling ??

(4) What about the job security in HUGE automobile group. - So you must be planning on joining either Saud Bahwan, or Suhail Bahwan Group. There is none bigger than these two in Oman now. Job security is touchy, for all expatriates. With 'Omanisation' in full flow, job security is literally non-existent. Any day, an expat would be asked to relinquish his / her job, to make way for an Omani.

(5) Can my wife starts business from home or rent a commercial shop. Is there any luck to get job in muscat since she is B.com only with no experience. - Expat women have temporary employment restrictions, barring some select jobs. Your wife cannot work unless she fetches for herself a full-time job.