Visa Under Processing

Tracking number will be only with numbers i think you are putting vfs number... The embassy would surely given you the other number to track on dofi website.. Also how do you know that your application is approved if you havent seen on dofi website..

Try without MUM prefix or wait for some more time. Sometimes it takes a month or more for the file to start showing status in DOFI website.

I tired both (with and with mum) but didn't work. It's already more than 1.5 month still it's not appearing on dofi site.

Yes I used the one which is given on the letter (stating that file will be sent to Belgium ministry for approval) but still I am unable to trace it.
Can we go to ministry and ask for an update on the status ? I am much worried now as Mumbai consulate is not responding properly and no updates in dofi site as well.. not sure how long I need to wait 😕😕

You can write to DOFI an email and ask for details. Contact info is mentioned in some posts in this thread.

And dont worry too much.. The file will be processed. Sometimes there can be a delay, but I have never heard a case of a file lost between consulate and DOFI.

Thanks a lot for the update 👍

Hello,

I already had a student visa but for KUL I got it in 10 days. However I wanted to change to VUB and I got false information from both the embassy and the university that I have to re-apply so I did. However my file was sent to Brussels. The file has been sent since September 6th and the university started on the 25th and the deadline of enrollment has passed and I asked for an extension. Do you have any idea when to expect it? And if contacting them is helpful? The embassy/university are refusing to help me. And my medical certificate will expire next Friday. Will this be a problem if the decision was taken after next Thursday? Or is it okay since I already applied when it was valid.

I have applied for a Schengen Tourist visa through Belgium on 7th September 2018 from VFS Kolkata. On 10th September it has been dispatched to the Belgium embassy and on 8th October they have registered my application on their portal but since then it's showing as "in traitement" which means it is in process. Does anybody has any idea how long it generally takes? Since whenever I'm mailing them or calling them, they are not committing any specific date and giving the general timeline of two months. Foes anyone has the same experience? Could you please let me know, is there any chance of getting it done before 2 months since I want to travel by end of this month.
Thanks in advance.

Moumita, IIf it says your visa is under process then it can take any time, it may also mean the file is sent to Brussels.

I applied for belgium visa (family re union visa)  here in kenya under tls .I track my status its said my file was sent to Belgium authority .now its 5 weeks I haven't get any results from belgium authority ..would one advice me ?

It will take some time (nowadays upto 6 months in the cases where the file needs investigation and verification of documents).

Hello Aneesh,

I have provided below documents for my parents Family visa in Belgium since 2 weeks and I am still waiting for response.

1. 3bis form with composition de manage
2. trip is financed by me so my slaray slips , home rent agreement , bank statement above 5000 EUR , resident card, work permit,passport copy, My compnie's bonfied letter with proof of my address for inviting my parents , Invitation letter , my ITR returns in India
3. My parent's bank statement above 5 laks , property papers of home in India on their name ,cover letter from parents with purpose of travel, blocked  flight tickets, insurance from valid provider

Only thing I relaized by reading thses blog is I mentioned multiple entries as I was not aware about what should be put there.

What should I do on this case ?

What do you see when you track the application in vfs website ?

Shows below message :
Your visa application reference number **** has been sent to Belgium Visa Operations Center for processing.

I have provided enough documents to justify purpose and finance correct ?

It is still with the consulate. Wait :) for the status to change.

Hello Aneesh, 

You sound like a very informed person. Do you work with the home affairs? Embassy? :/

We have applied for a visa for our niece for a short family visit in May and still under process (3 months) !
Do you know if the Embassy can send a request to Home Affairs to expedite the process?
Do you know what they investigate? She is only a 20 year old student !
We are funding her visit and have provided all the required documents and the undertakings.

Many thanks in advance.

Ayesha

Ayesha Zubair wrote:

Hello Aneesh, 

You sound like a very informed person. Do you work with the home affairs? Embassy? :/

We have applied for a visa for our niece for a short family visit in May and still under process (3 months) !
Do you know if the Embassy can send a request to Home Affairs to expedite the process?
Do you know what they investigate? She is only a 20 year old student !
We are funding her visit and have provided all the required documents and the undertakings.

Many thanks in advance.

Ayesha

Dear,

All your questions have been asked dozens of times on the site. So read the archives.

- No, they will never do that.
- Age has nothing to do. It's the same process for everyone. What they will investigate will depend on the content of the file.
- In this case, do like everyone else. Wait and see

Hi All,

I need advise on how and what to expect from the visa process.

I had applied Family Reunification visa in March, got the rejection on August. The reason they mentioned was my wife had no job anymore, while it was that she changed the job but we had not informed the embassy about it.

Hence we were advise to reapply, now almost approaching a month, the file does not show up in Dofi website, and embassy says it is under process.

So we are really confused how long further this will take as we had hopped to spend christmas and new year together, but looking at it, it is very uncertain.

What is concerning for us now, is my wife work is not as before, she gets salary slip and pay every week, instead of monthly, will this affect the decision?

Thanks and regards,

Shafin

@aneesh pleas what does it mean when you track your application on Tls website and you see INSTRUCTIONS ADDITIONAL ???

@shaf2018 nope it doesnt

@Chidi Ike normally they send u an email advising what additional docs they require. Check ur spam mail too. Also call TLS they can tell u over the phone

@Kendy Makere thanks for your reply , I have checked my emails also my spam mail , no email of such from TLS I called TLS and they said it's fine if I was not contacted via email .

@Mutturaj Patil Hi, you do not have to keep any prefix. Just select the consular post from where your visa was applied through. In my case it was Mumbai. Post that, for the visa application no, please enter the no provided by embassy/consular post and not the VFS. It will usually be of 6 digits. In my case the status showed up after 4 weeks as it is in treatment. Please try! Sometimes it may take about a month or a month and a half for the status to show up too.

@aneesh Hi, could you please advise, after the status on DOFI shows up as "in Treatment", how long does it take for the visa to be processed and also if there is any status change in between on DOFI website?

@Chidi Ike Hi Chidi i'm Ope also from Nigeria I applied on June 10 for a visiting visa in Lagos and I have the same status "Instruction (additional)" and didn't see any mail requesting additional docs (just to let you know you are not alone)1f600.svg. Any update from your application aside this?

@False 9  hello 😂 I called TLS they said it's a system issues

@Chidi Ike  Just Imagine, TLS can never change they have always had glitches on their system without being fixed. Anyways Goodluck bro 270c.svg

Processed application ref no. MUMB/271222/00 is being dispatched via courier on 19/01/2023.

MEANING????

@yiyike1032

it means your application is being sent out or returned back because you choose it to be returned via courier service

it means visa approved or reject???

@yiyike1032

check your update on the ibz site

how to check on ibz site , i try so many time check but i can't find any thing,please tell me how to find 

how to check on ibz site , i try so many time check but i can't find any thing,please tell me how to find
-@yiyike1032

https://infovisa.ibz.be/InfovisaNl.aspx

that's the link. Just input your visa number and consulate post