Nanny question

I have 21 month olds. I have a nanny for them at the moment but not very happy about her. I was wondering if there is such thing called trained nannies concept here in Nairobi who are well trained and experienced dealing with all sorts of kids, especially with fussy ones.

I had a terrible nanny who my kids (3 years old and 20 month old) didn't like...coz she didn't do or say much to my kids. I changed her and got a new nanny and this one knows how to deal with children so well that my 2 kids took an instant liking to her and within days they were hugging her! I am glad I changed nannies. My thoughts are try to get the nanny to play with your kid more, like drawing funny things or reading books, play peekaboo, etc. she needs to make your child like her. Its hard work, and I told my nanny if my children don't like her, I can't continue to hire her.

thanks a lot. what's the best place to find one? I was told that there are schools that train nannies in Nairobi. Do you have any idea how to find one?

Hello Distressed Mother,
    Google - Trained Nannies, Nairobi, Kenya and you will be surprised with the info.  You could also google Dagoretti College of Catering and Institutional Management or Kibondeni College.  OR you could also try the notice boards on most major shopping malls.
    I am sure one of these will work for you and your 21months old bundle of joy.
    Kessy

thanks a million kessy :)

Hi,

Have been aupair/mothers helper in France and the UK. if you are looking for someone with experience, can provide you references.
email me at [email protected]

Dear Twinfun,

Dafina Housekeeping Executives was set up to meet the growing need and demand for trained, competent, qualified and skilled house-helps to effectively manage the homes of busy working professionals. We train, equip and empower employees to provide quality skilled human capital to cope with the evolving workplaces and fast changing skill-sets required in home management or domestic housekeeping services. We integrate a training and development component designed to re-define the value of domestic housekeeping services provided by the employee and also to realize the value of their own potential. We also offer placement of experienced domestic housekeepers. We undertake a thorough vetting process where we request the candidates for various documentation which we scrutinize and verify.

We sometimes get very good experienced nannies. However since we don't have a training for nannies yet, and we don't have any in our database at this time, I can refer you to two of our partners: House-Pitality (Anne-0720792345 or Esther-0722342912, [email protected]) or Maarifa Training Centre (Josephine-0724348711). They should be able to assist you.

I wish the very best with you bundle of joy :)

You can actually get trained and experienced nannies but ots not easy. Try to check at sarit centre notice board there are usually letters from leaving experts who would like their employees to get an employment thus write them letters with their contacts and post them there. Try that am sure you will get an experienced one. Try also the main gate of Lakeview(ngecha road) thats before lower kabete there is a notice board at the mail gate with letters from experienced nannies

yes. try little tot nanny agency. they have qualified, experienced nannies and baby sitters. their contacts are 077911593

[Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls]

I recomend Kibondeni but the reality is that it is hard to get them, they all seem to be taken.

A word of caution about the Ads in the malls - if you cant get to meet the recommender in person dont bother. There ae a lot of cun-n-paste Ads up there.