Travel Insurance to Dubai

I live in Riyadh and am covered within KSA by my employer health insurance.

I'm heading to Dubai for Hajj and have no idea about what travel insurance to get. I usually get one from the UK, but as I'm not living there not sure if I can use them.

Does anybody know of or have used insurance from Saudi?

No idea what to do.

Hi Halebob,

Wondering what is the Hajj you mean? In Dubai !!

Anyway, never heard that, a travel insurance is required to visit Dubai! Unless there are new regulations...
But most certainly, UK citizens can enter UAE more easier than GCC nationals! 😄

I would advise you to have a look at the insurance policy of your employer to check if it is covering you locally or globally.
Personally, I have a global coverage. So never got worried travelling to any place.😄

Sometimes, the insurance can be extended for global coverage easily against requesting and paying the incurred fees.

I refer to Hajj meaning the Eid break that is just starting.
I don't really have time to check out my employers insurance as I go tomorrow. All of the paperwork that I have says it is within Saudi only.
I always have travel insurance whenever I go on holiday so I'm covered for any cancellations, lost baggage and medical.

Very good.
So have a nice Eid holiday !!
:)

If you are going by air, you can ask the agent or website to add travel insurance as well. Generally, it's cheaper if you opt for it at the time of purchase of tickets.

Also you can contact any reputable travel agency and they would issue you one.

It's not a general practice I have seen to travel with a travel insurance. LION R.E was suggesting you I believe on the health insurance. Health insurance if issued from KSA and by a reputed company with a good class, generally covers medical expenses globally. Travel insurance is a little bit on the higher tier. It is intended to cover medical expenses, trip cancellation /delays, lost luggage, flight accident and other losses incurred while traveling.

Hello all :)

Since this concerns Dubai, kindly note that the thread has been moved to the Dubai forum.

Best Regards
Kenjee